Friday, December 30, 2005

Overwhelmed, in a good way


https://apps.chfs.ky.gov/snap/child_details.asp?ID=985

Go here and find it very worthwhile, please. It's a surprise. Then open up the Christmas card that I sent you (if you don't have one, you can still get one by asking me.) Compare the pictures. Isn't that incredible?

I am overwhelmed. Not really, because I am quite controlled. Self-control. That is what I am trying to have. Well, I take that back. I am not "quite controlled." I am reminded of that song, the worship song that has a line in it that says, "I'm overwhelmed, overwhelmed with You."

I just want to open my heart and sing praises. Do you know what an honor that it would be to be given another child? Do you know that children are a blessing of the Lord? No matter what they do, or how they irritate, or aggravate, or annoy, they are a gift from the hand of the Almighty.

Please pray for us, because there are obstacles that can interfere and block this adoption. I want God's will. Nothing can stop God's will. So praise Him with me, and pray as Jesus did, "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

I lift up my hands to the Lord
Palms out
I receive Your best for me
this sinner
this conniver
this adulterer at heart
for my heart is deceitfully wicked and corrupt
but I release it to You
make what You can out of it
make what You can out of me
And I pour myself out upon Your feet
Have mercy upon me
Have mercy upon me

You lift up my eyes
and look into my face
Tell me I need not be ashamed
for Thou has made me holy
holy and true like You
And in the mirror I see
Your own image cast upon me

Lord, I receive the good gifts from Your hand
A son not of my flesh
a son still my own
Though he has two mothers
in some ways even more
knit our hearts together
so it is one with the Lord

Let us pray together
laugh together
cry together all the years through
Let me love his children
read them stories
and tell them all about You

Let the years go by like a wave of love and grace
wash away the pain
the lost years
the tears
the seeming lack of gain
Tie together the confusion
and build a nest
for dreams to grow
for sleep to know
peace and solitude and needs met
and wings grown
and soaring expectations fulfilled

Let all who see our family
see one thing
that this is a family the Lord has blessed
That Your image is here
That Your expression flows
That peace rests upon it
That Your word in truth goes forth

And build up Lord
Build up in peace
in determination and perseverance
in love, boldness and abundant life
in glad tidings
in rich reward
in many, many blessings
this world could never know

Honor Thy Son through the works of this mother
Honor Thy name with the glory of Your ways
I lift high Your banner
Don't leave me now
I know that You won't
but realize I need You every moment
I can not go alone
Take me into Your right chest coat pocket
and there I will find my rest
my peace
my direction and my purpose

You are the sum of my life
You are my entire existence
I am nothing apart from Christ
my life is not my own

Fulfill Your purpose for my life
Complete Your works in me
If Matt is our son
deliver him into our hands
and pave the way
from our hearts to Your eternity.

That is the end of the poem. Don't forget to check out the post I did this morning about "My Food and My Body." God bless yall, so much.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:47 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

I hope God blesses you in your meetings!

Happy New Year!

11:32 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

May your 2006 be filled with love, joy, peace, good health and rich blessings from our Lord!

Happy New Year!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Just wishing you a Happy New Year! Thanks for an interesting blog.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home