Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Whew!


I got most of the Christmas cards off finally. I included the CD to about half of the recipients - maybe less. I removed statements such as "adoption" from the CD description and the Xmas card. There are implications of such, however.

Still haven't heard anything more about the adoption, or meeting the lady, or whatever. Anyway. God's plan will stand. Whatever He wants to do. I surrender. Wonderful place to be, surrendered to the Lord and His perfect, devine will. I wonder what He is up to. It has been good to be with our family of six over this Christmas break, because it has been unifying for us. I remember what Blackaby said in His "Experiencing God" book, that God waited so many years to bring Isaac into Abraham's and Sarah's life in part because He was preparing Abraham to be just the sort of father for Isaac and the leader of a nation. Likewise, God may be preparing our family to be ripe for the new child to come into the fold. Besides, we haven't waited long at all. It is confusing for me because I thought that the Lord was going to bring the child by Christmas, or that I should want or pray for that. I am reminded of when David prayed to build God a temple. Solomon said that God told David that it was good that David had such a desire in his heart, but God was going to build the temple through Solomon instead. Perhaps it was good that it was in my heart to have the boy by Christmas, even though God was going to do a different thing, or have a different time. It is God whom I serve, not my expectations, experiences, personal hopes or aspirations. So maybe I have grown more focused upon the Foundation. And more surrendered. And just ready for whatever He wants to do.

Also sent out were invitations for my husband's 50th birthday celebration crab feed dinner Dec 30, 2006 - now that is planning ahead.

However, I am waiting for about 40 addresses from my husband, so the Holiday and Birthday invitations will be going out anytime between Jan and March....That's okay. It is how I learn patience. God is great to give me practice in waiting.

Okay. This is what I've been thinking about to focus on for January and Feburary. Diet and Exercise in the Lord. And not over-planning or over-worrying. I was thinking about journaling about those topics for awhile. Sort of like a "unit study" as we would say in Homeschooling, when I was a homeschool teacher.

Maybe I will also write (brag) a bit this next year about my oldest daughter and our work together regarding her college prep stuff, but I think that I will demonstrate how over-invested and enthusiastic I am regarding her astounding performance in the high school years and her strong prospects to excel in a future career. That will get immediately DULL to all readers - except other similarly-minded mothers. Kind of like the Xmas card I got today from the friend with the new baby - "she giggles, she smiles, she looks like her father except she has my eyes...." The picture of the baby that "only a mother could love." Okay. Enough already. Let's move along.

No, diet and exercise in the Lord has a broader appeal, and furthermore, this blog will help me to be more possessed by Christ in this area of struggle. God has helped and redeeemed me so much in this area, but yet I feel like I am like a boat tethered to a dock, rocking and shaking with each passing wave. I want to be on His firm foundation. Confident with each bite and swallow. Bold with each denial. "No, thank you. I would not like a Hostess Ding-Dong. Do you have a Ho-Ho?" I could chronicle each exercise session - and count up the sessions per week. Elaborate upon the strange happening the occurs when I eat chocolate. I lose myself into a wonderful, magical abyss, never to be re-encountered until I eat the next supply. I want to try not to weigh myself for a month, but to just sense, using other means, as to what my weight is. I want to lost ten pounds in two months. Currently I am 2-3 pounds over my goal weight, but I would like to set a new goal weight, of 7 pounds less than my previous goal weight, for several reasons, that I don't want to get off into at this time. I want to talk about my actual weight with frankness and bluntness. Nobody knows my weight really. Nobody that really knows me as a friend/family member knows that I lost 65-70 pounds because I never tell them. Even when they ask. Thank God it has stayed off about 16 months now. I want to get more physically fit and talk about what that experience is like. What do you think? Anybody interested in hearing about that crap?

For those who responded to my plea to be on the Christmas card list, with delight I sent out the cards today. However, the international cards did not go out today, because I have to bring them to the post office, because the store where I normally drop them off, won't do international ones that are over 2 ounces. So tomorrow I will go to the post office and mail them. I wonder how long they will take to get there (to the country of destination - not to my post office, which is only five minute drive there and twenty-five minute wait in line). These are the countries that I will be sending the cards: Italy (for my aunt and uncle), Philippines, Australia and China. Isn't that exciting? These are the blogger states that I will be sending out cards : NY, AL, and TX (hope you are good with abreviations).

Okay. Well. Time to move on. So much to do. Life is fun and good. Praying for Pia and her Mom.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:42 PM

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm excited to get my copy! i emailed you my address, sorry if it came in late.

thank you so much for your prayers and for all the encouragement you've sent my way.

God bless you always.

12:47 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

yeah! life is so fun, good and beautiful :)

God's grace and mercy are so real. Jesus is alive :)

12:56 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful Christmas. It has been wonderful getting to know you through your blog. You have been such a blessing to me in more ways than you know.

May God bless you in the coming year as you trust Him to work out His plan in your life, in the lives of your family and the life of the child He is going to bring into your home.

I pray you have the peace that comes only from HIm and that you hear Him as He speaks in that still small voice. God bless you as you seek to know Him more.

2:48 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

We pray your patience regarding the adoption, will soon be rewarded:-)

We are looking forward to your Christmas card and will send you one in return. It will prolly be late but it comes from a good heart:-)

Now, I think we would like to hear about that "crap", hehe. We need to loose some weight here ourselves and get fit. Kc and I have slowly started some exercise. Although I don't need to loose much, it won't be easy for I am such a chocaholic, haha.

I think it's quite an accomplishment you having lost so much weight already! And even a greater accomplishment to have kept it off. You go girl!
Hopefully we will too, haha.

Have a great day! May the chocolate be way out of our reach(grin). Thanks for checking in on my blog:-)

God's Grace.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Dear Andrea, I am looking forward to receiving your Christmas card. Am I the 'farest' you've sent to?

Will continue to pray for you, and the adoption process.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

All in God's time, my friend. Remember He is never early and never late!

I'm in for the diet thing. In the last two years I lost 68 pounds doing lo-carb. I've kept it off and feel fabulous...but the holidays have been brutal!

I could do to loose those little buggers and continue on my course to fitness(loose another 40lbs!)

Count me in!

8:25 AM  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Wow...life sounds busy for you. I'll have to read back a bit to catch up. I've finally posted again so please stop by and say hello if you get a chance! Happy New Year!
Love Becky

2:00 PM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

I am encouraged by your comments to me. Thanks very much. Well, here were are all together, serving the Lord, connected in time and space, and quite disconnected in space. Kitty, I think your card is being sent the farthest. Okay, I think I'll talk a little about FOOD, EATING and the DREADED BODY. I have so much to say, because I think about it all the time, well, I hope that I think about God more often.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

yes I think about food and eating a lot too haha....i love eating, but need to watch - as I'll be the briadesmaid of a very good friend on 18 February, and the dress she got me is quite 'tight'.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Girls, seems like we all can be an encouragement to eachother in the diet and excersice area as well:-)

God's Grace.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home