Thursday, December 29, 2005

SHE CALLED AND WANTS TO MEET WITH ME


Crystal is the social worker in charge of the world according to Matt. She called and wants to meet with me to get to know me/us more. She is very interested in our family for adopting 13 year-old Matt. She has the day off on Monday, Jan. 2, but will meet with me at Denny's at 3 PM Eastern Standard Time, at a location off the 65 freeway, near the Louisville airport. She sounds real nice. I sent her a Christmas card with all of our pictures, BTW, but I'm sure she hasn't receieved it yet.

So, Bonnie, this is my schedule for Sunday and Monday, the 1st and 2nd of January. Sunday 7 AM: pick up three kids from the karate sleep-over. Go to IHOP for breakfast (the family of six). Go to church. Get final things together and get to airport. Fly out at 1:40 PM. Transfer through Phoenix and arrive Louisville at 10:45 PM. Get rental car and sleep midnight to 3AM. (Okay this is crazy, but doesn't it sound like fun?) Shower, dress, wake the kids, including the little boy named ALEX that we are bringing to the school who happens to live in the Sacramento region. Drive to the kids boarding school five hours away in Oneida, KY. Drop the kids off at 9 AM. Drive back to Louisville and arrive there by 2PM. Locate the Denny's. Go to nearby parking lot and sit and pray, and try not to nap. Check the make-up. Use the restroom. Reflect upon the verse that I memorized earlier that day, if applicable. Meet with Crystal, the social worker in charge of the world according to MATT and OUR FAMILY. Meeting goes well. Any hint that she is a Christian? No, I won't pray at the table (at least in an obvious way). When in Rome.... Leave the meeting by 4:15. After the meeting smile in my car, thank God. Drop off rental car. Get to airport check-in line by 5PM very latest. Flight takes off 6:05 PM. Maybe even order a drink on the plane, you think? Sleep. Transfer in Phoenix. Get to Sacramento 10:50 PM. Skip the 5:30 AM Tuesday AM spin class. Husband get kids ready for school and drive them. Sleep till 7 or 8, go to work.

I've told two people thus far about the meeting Monday. Husband sounds happy. He amazes me. Friend sounds happy. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Pray for God's will. See yesterday's post for the first installment on "my food and my body" -

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 9:32 AM

6 Comments:

Blogger Corry said...

That is a busy schedule. You be careful and our prayers will be with you!

God's Grace.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

All I can say is OMG! I got tired reading it. The only change that I'd make to the whole thing is...if you order food in the restaurant...pray over your food opening....Don't hide God under a bushel! He(God) will honor you for that!

I pray that all goes well!

Oh, and by the way...you've got another mention coming on the Blog!
Excuse me...you didn't actually prepare lunches at 6 AM....no, but you went shopping AFTER your bike spin class...you're killin' me here!:-)

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

andrea, thank you, thank you, thank you! i couldn't think of anything else to say but THANK YOU!

still praying for you and matt. luv yah, sis.

8:40 PM  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Just checking to see if you got my home address which I sent you yesterday? For some reason, it also came back to me so let me know if you got it. Just read through your post, "My eating and My body." Okay, you got my attention. Looking forward to more.
Becky

12:25 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Dear Andrea, so happy that you're meeting the social worker. My paryers are with you and Matt. God Bless!

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
Monitoring consumer behavior and surveillance Internet marketing global domain international movie.ws Free solo email advertising foot fetish home interior design ideas Sexy legs ass pantyhose sexy foot Lasik thinning retina foot fetish directory.com phendimetrazine 105 Lovely sexy legs kingman paintball Internet marketing strategy consultant Aaa call center High heels dangling from sexy feet shreveport search engine optimization bible palm pda Email marketing contact constant results Ring pulls foot fetish for black women

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home