Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Details


I am glad that people want to pray and fast with me. The time is for each of your concerns, not my concerns, per say, but our concerns. It doesn't have to be a total fast of all food, just whatever the Lord leads you to do and whatever you can do. It is a time for seeking Him, His direction and favor so He may do as He pleases in and through our lives. I know it is short notice, but I was thinking about Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week as in tomorrow the 5th, 6th and 7th. Due to the different time zones, you can do your own 5th, 6th, and 7th or mine. If you want to do a different time completely due to dinner obligations, that is fine, or (Kitty) you may think about enjoying the dinners with your friends, and while not at the dinners then fast. This is what I have done last year and it worked out nicely. As for me, one time I tried to pray and fast for several days, and mid day the second day, I had to break the fast because I was so sick, and that was okay. God had broken some strong holds in my life during prayer and fasting times for me in the past, specifically for my obesity problem, that just had a hold on me that was intense.

I am praying that the Lord will open up the opportunity that I will have enough time for prayer with Him during these days. I am just going to trust and rely upon Him for time to seek Him during these days. I am going to depend upon Him as far as how much I am able to fast, and try not to be legalistic about it.

Well, I have to be off now. Love y'all. I'm going to start the fast my time tomorrow, Thursday, Jan 5th. Let me know who is able to join me. I'll also be praying for the prayer list items on Corry's prayerlist blog.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 6:07 AM

6 Comments:

Blogger Godwyn Lim said...

Hi Sister in Christ,

I read your amazing entries & I hope you do not mind, me linking up my blog to share your words...

Freely we give, Freely we recieve. May God Bless & Keep you in your prayers...

7:07 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

I will be praying for them:-)

God's Grace.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Good idea...i'll follow your suggestion Andrea.

By the way, I did a 40 hour famine with World Vision last Augsut, and I have written some reflections on the experience here for you, if you would like to read (please cut and paste)

http://kittycheng.blogspot.com/2005/08/wondering-what-hungry-feels-like.html

4:21 PM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

I'm in on it. The 5th thru the 7th!

Amen and praise the Lord!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the 5th thru the 7th. okay, i'm starting today.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

5TH THRU THE 7TH IS GOOD FOR ME!

Hey would you like a new template design? My son just redid mine. I was wearing a brown t shirt with a pink design on the front and that is where he got the idea. He told me if you wanted him to do a design for you he would.

If you do, I need to know what colors you would like and if you have any ideas or if you want him to just design something for you. You can visit his site for templates at Blogjacket.com. If you think you would like him to do it, let me know!!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home