Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What do you think?


My church is having a prayer and fasting time between Thursday and Saturday this week. They are meeting each night to pray and they are fasting (in part or completely abstaining from food, but drinking a lot of water). They are seeking God before they go into some remote parts of Africa, on missions.

I want to participate with them, but I have not been able to participate that much with the things that the church does, because basically I am a lot more of a fanatic when it comes to church things than my husband, who has just recently begun to follow the Lord. So, I find the need to be more discrete, and less intimitating and less "know it all." God has not called me to run off to church all the time, actually the opposite. He has built up my ministry in my home.

I want to pray and seek God's will and favor for the following things in my life:

1) Matt's adoption, healing, integration into our family and salvation
2) God's favor and purposes be upon our family unit and with each member specifically - like how Job prayed for his family in the beginning of that book
3) That my husband be perfectly directed and given favor by God
4) That I would possess this vessel (body) according to God's power and authority
5) for my wisdom, discernment, understanding of direction and tapping into God (abiding with Him).

I thought I would ask my blogger friends. Does anybody want to seek a time of prayer and fasting for three days later this week for seeking God and understanding and His favor in their lives and for the things that we have been praying for, and for our own little community that God has obviously created amongst ourselves - for our going out into our parts of the world with Christ's message? Does anyone want to join me in this?

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 9:30 AM

8 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Ordinary, I have been out of touch during the holidays. Lots of things have been going on, but I will catch you up on that later.

I got your CD and the booklet!!! Your family is beautful!! My God has blessed you tremendously and yes you do have a ministry right where you are.

Which days are you planning to fast and pray? Let me know and I will begin to prepare myself now. I would love to seek God in this way in agreement with you!!!

I will be writing to you later this week. Take care and God Bless!!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Andrea, I would love to join you were it not for the fact that I am pretty much "under the wheather". My cold is wearing me out to the point of exhaustion where I just fall asleep where I sit. So I could not agree to a certain time of prayer. I am sorry:-(
But I can and will pray for them!

God's Grace.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Doug E. said...

Though I cannot fast due to health issues I will be sure spend some time and pray for these things for you.

God Bless,

Doug

1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband:

3:51 PM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

I'll do it with you, just let me know when! This is very exciting.

We have done this many times for needs in our church with amazing results!

Luke 2:37, 5:33: Acts 13:3,14:23 are all examples of prayer and fasting for the Lord!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd love to do this with you. but i can only skip 1 meal because i'm taking medication. is is still ok?

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops... there goes the typo again. i mean is it still ok?

7:22 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

I'd like to join you in this, but does it have to be this thursday to saturday - as I've already organised dinner appointments with friends this weekend? Can I do it next week?

8:39 PM  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

I feel that God led me to open your blog tonight and I want to join you in fasting and prayer. I feel certain that there is something on the horizon in my own situation and I want to be ready. Just let me know the date and time and I'll be reaching across the miles in spirit to be with you!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home