Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Held


I feel so uplifted and held in God's care. Thank you so much to everyone who has prayed with me and walked with me through this journey of these past several months. It has been/it is good to pray for Matt; I know God heard and hears and appropriates those prayers for his transition into his new home. Eternity will show us all treasures in heaven. I feel badly for my husband, because although he has opened himself up a little bit into the things of God, he is still very afraid and stand-offish when it comes to the things of God, so he really isn't able to enjoy the blessings of God that he could. Pray that God would uphold him and continue to bless and minister to him. I know that God will effectively continue to draw him into a deeper walk. I think the thing that he is still getting a hold on/understanding of is the fact that God really does love us as we are and isn't there with a critical sword. Isn't it interesting how God can hold up a standard and not sway from that, and we can not manipulate Him to change who He is, yet at the same time He loves us with a rich abiding love, full of mercy, gentleness, compassion and grace. Short on time - got to go.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:30 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Oh, I so glad that he is at least opening the door to God. Some people take a little longer, we'll just all keep praying for him and for you to have the peace that passes all understanding!

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying for your whole family. God bless.

7:49 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Yes, our Almighty God is always very faithful and compassionate. We can trust Him all the time.
Take care!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Andrea,
thanks so much for your prayers, I am much better, still recovering, but taking it easy. Prayers and hugs for you and your family? Have you heard from my son?

1:39 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Yes we are HELD and embraced by God's love....including you, your husband, your children, Matt, and everyone of us. Hallelujah!

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home