Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Different Day


Hi. Well, I learned a couple of hours ago that Matt was referred to "another local family," and I was thanked for my "interest." I thought back over these past days and about my journey. I prayed with a wise woman in the Lord. This is what I have come up with.

In my last post, I talked about how Abraham was almost "set-up to fail." Well, in a sense that is true, because us humans have these obvious glitches and defects that just stick out like funny strands on a bad hair day, that are bound to get us into trouble. So in that respect, yeah, Abraham was set up to fail, as was David and Solomon, Sampson and Peter. But God doesn't see that they even failed. "Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness." "The just shall live by faith." "Just like the holy women of old, Sarah, did what was right and did not give way to fear..." David was a man after God's own heart. Peter was a mighty man of God. And on and on.

God doesn't see the failures or their funny looking strands. He sees His holy bride, adorned for her Husband for that day. He sees a holy people, a people set apart. He sees righteousness and beauty, a treasure worth buying by the blood of His own Son.

These "set-ups" are just rocks on the road to learning for us, the people of God, for me. "Learn from me, for I am humble and meek at heart and you will find rest for your souls." "Abide in Me and I in You...."

God prompted my heart to believe that He was going to enable our family to bless a child, and I believed that. The process took us to the point that we chose a child from a display of faces on a screen. In doing that, I prayed for those boys and anticipated their needs. God heard and blessed the boys and put them into homes that are not my own.

At this time, I need to go back to the crossroads and see where I ran ahead of God, and stopped following the Lead, if that is the case, which to some degree I think that it is the case.

I emailed the woman from the agency back and her supervisor and told her our family's original desire regarding adoption, and asked them if they know of a child that they think would be well-suited for our home, to then let us know. My choosing first isn't going really well, and it is a painful process.

So that is where it is at. If they have a child that they think would work out well in our home, given our inclinations, then they can please let us know. Now the ball is back in God's court. Okay God (respectfully), if you want us to help a child or children, then You let us know. There isn't anything else for me to do here at this point.

I am studying Genesis in my Bible Study these days and this reminds me of the time that God said that He was going to bless Abraham and make him a father of many nations. Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness. Then he went ahead and did that Haggar thing, trying to help God out. Well God, I don't think that you need our help. My husband and I have made our availability known in several separate places, now I need You to help give me rest and peace, and to take over the control of these reins. "Jesus take the Wheel." I'll be here waiting and listening, but I don't think that there is anything that You want me to do at this time.

Please help all the people who have been praying for and with me and the boys and my children regarding this situation. Help me not to feel ashamed for trusting You. "Those who trust in You will never be put to shame." I am just a human who is learning to listen and follow on the path of human existence. Help me to appropriate what You have taught me and make me wise. Bless my husband and our children, in Jesus' name, Amen!

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 9:47 AM

7 Comments:

Blogger Kc said...

Dear Andrea please know my heart goes out to you. Sister your love and care for these unknown children is an example to us all. There is no shame in that and even now your steadfast faith even in your disappointment is a great testimony. You will remain in our prayers and I pray His hands are holding your heart right now.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

You are in our prayers, Andrea. May God reward your faith and bless you richly.

God's Grace.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

You were right! God said He's going to bless you with a child, and He is!

What we don't sometimes get (and it's only in our humaness) is that God wants to give us His best...for US! Not saying anything is wrong with that precious child that you showed us...but a lot of the times what we want and what God wants to give us are not the same.

We all prayed (including you) that that child would get what was best for him. I hope our prayers have been answered.

After I don't get what I thought was the best thing for me, I always get excited to think how much better what I'm really going to get is going to be!

God has never let me down. Most of the things He blessed me with are so far outside of what I could have ever wished for myself...that it flabbergasts me!

Your turn is coming. I will continue praying!

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

andrea, i rushed to your site as soon as i read KC's email. i feel your pain, andrea. i was just in about the same boat as yours last week when my visa was denied. we all prayed hard but God has other plans for us. a better one i'm sure. andrea, i will continue to pray for you and your family. always remember that we are here for you. let's hold on to God.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Bonnie is right on target, I totally agree with her. God is in control and He knows what is best for us. I really thought it was going to work out for Matt to be in your home, but apparently God knows more than we do! Imagine that? He always surprises me, so we will have to wait on Him to find out what He knows that we didn't. Take care and you are daily in my thoughts and prayers. Have a wonderful day in the Lord, God bless you, your husband and those beautiful kids of yours. They are all adorable!! Now when I pray for you, I have a face to put with the prayers!

9:23 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Andrea, please take care and be strong. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Dear Andrea, I must admit I'm disappointed, but hey God's grace is always sufficient for us. And He knows best. Will continue to pray for your husband and your children.

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home