Saturday, February 11, 2006

FINALLY


I finally have a chance to blog. I was looking forward to it all day. I hoped to be able to blog yesterday but ran out of time. When I finally got a chance to sit at the computer tonight, I had to do my email stuff first. Then I got to read other blogs. I read those who just commented on my site. I was touched a lot by what I read because people love the Lord. What a church the Lord is building!

My husband and I bought a cuckoo clock today for our kitchen! It sings two songs and had a cuckoo that comes out on the hour. It also has deers that jump and a water wheel that turns. It has weights that dangle. It will be hung in our kitchen which we had painted light green. We are developing a fun house. My God's blessing continue to be upon it!

I made homemade soup. That was fun. It is remarkable because I never cook. I had a nice time with my family today. We miss our two oldest children who are in boarding school.

"No discipline at the time is joyful, but painful. But when one is trained by it, it yeilds the peaceful fruit of righteousness" (Approximate quote).

I gotta go to sleep now. I am so tired. Not much insightful that I have said. Let me try to fix that before I nod off.

Well, what comes to mind is the verse in which the man of God said that he had to praise God, because if he didn't even the rocks would cry out. That thought with a twist is this: I don't need to try to come up with something insightful, because even the rocks cry out with the wisdom of God. He is so gracious to give us so much of His beauty and wisdom to behold. Seek His wisdom. Doesn't Proverbs say that wisdom cries out in the streets? Pleasant dreams.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 11:01 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger Godwyn Lim said...

Amen! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog!

Yes all who cry out to the Lord, He hears..

12:24 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Homemade soups...
So delicious and nutritious... HeHe!

1:47 AM  
Blogger Ileana said...

What a great idea...a cuckoo clock for the kitchen! My kids love the story about Huckle Cat and the cuckoo clock, but I never thought about owning one. Did you buy it online?

6:54 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

My mom used to have a cuckoo clock and I grew up with it. At one point it broke and the silence was a relief, haha.

God's Grace.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

What a nice post :)

I'd love to see a photo of the clock. It sounds fantastic.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

"no discipline at the time is joyful....but it yealds peaceful fruit of righteousnes"
thx for the reminder =)

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home