Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Accepting Grace


I don't appropriately receive what the Father has set apart as a gift for me in large part because I know I am undeserving - and, I was inconsistantly cared for as a youth.

"Father, At this moment I receive, with thanksgiving, Your enormous bounty of good things - that I was healthy in my mother's womb and that You chose to create me in the first place. Oh the volunes needed to list your goodness to me! Please don't stop blessing and caring for me. I need You desparately. I am like an open wound in that I had not been loved the way that I needed and now I don't know how to get past that. This "problem" affects me each day in the form of worry, poor choices and poor judgment and more. Help me to receive all that You have for me starting with accepting the REALITY and TRUTH that You love me and will never leave me or forsake me! You are THE PERFECT FATHER who perfectly provides for ME! Lord, Help my husband and I to be good stewards of our finances, starting with not being in spiritual bondage in ways we don't realize. FREE us by Your Son's truth and provision and make a great name for Yourself. Amen.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 4:44 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger Corry said...

2 Corinthians 12:9
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”


You are so loved, Andrea. As Audrey always says: Jesus loves you!

And we do too :-)

God's Grace.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

My soul prays with you. Amen.

1:16 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Yes, Jesus loves you very much, Andrea :)
So do we ;)


Corry, awww, you're so sweet, lieve zus :)

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus loves you and so do i. God bless you and your whole family, dear sis. :)

7:01 PM  
Blogger Ileana said...

You are such a blessing, a gift from God. I haven't been by in a while but I'm glad I have the opportunity today to tell you what a difference you make in my life. Your words reconfirm what I know in my heart to be the truth (based on what the Bible tells us), and it inspires me to keep rowing against the current and do the right thing.

Thank you for being here!

2:22 PM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Praise the Lord!!!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home