Thursday, June 15, 2006

Overwhelmed


Have you ever felt overwhelmed? When was the last time? I am overwhelmed because there is too much going on, too much lack of my own ability to control stuff and time is squeezing in. However, in all of these things we are more than conquerers through Him who strengthens us and who allows everything for our best interests. God is in control so I don't have to be. He is working out His eternal plan, and through all that I can not control, and can not do, Christ is making a name for Himself with all He can control and with all that He can do. So I will rest in Him. He has my back.

My son and I are going to the eye doctor today for the third time in four days. I am going to work this morning to finish up work before a ten day break. Whereas I used to be organized, I can't find the last bag of stuff I bought from the store. The women's neighborhood Bible Study begins Monday, June 26th, if I can figure out how to start the DVD....

God is making a name for Himself....Glory to Him for the things that He is going to do and that He is doing. May my children and family follow hard after Him. That is the most important thing.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 6:44 AM

8 Comments:

Blogger Corry said...

Your trust in Him is encouraging. I keep y'all in my prayers.

God's Grace.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Karuna said...

I am learning that leaning on God works wonders, its always provides strength and courage for all. You going on with the Lord is such an encouragement to me.

Bolder stronger, doing everything it takes, like Paul, to get God's Word, the good news out. Thats how its gotto be anyway.

Love
Godzheart

10:46 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

I keep checking in on your blog to see how everything is going..I feel impressed to keep you in my prayers; and God knows all of our needs without even having to name them. I will continue to lift your name to His throne...God Bless!
Pat

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do every once and a while fill overwhelmed. Working 2 full time jobs and trying to raze a family can be overwhelming sometimes. When I do fill that way I just start to pray. I ask God to give me the time, the strength, and the ability to do the things that I need to do. He always comes through for me. I give God all the praise in my life.

12:37 PM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Dear Lovely and God-sent Friends,
I am so blessed to call you my friends when I have done nothing to deserve your friendship or prayers. I thank God for you. I did not delete any comment above, because this is the first I've read these comments. Thank you, Pat, for praying for me and my family! God bless you Corry, for your faithfulness. May God continue to encourage you Godzheart. Pastor Josh - Prov 3:5-6 & also a verse about God strengthening you in the inner man with power to do His will. Update: Bradley's vision is coming back and God is healing His eye for a purpose. May my son know that purpose and know that God allowed to happen what happened to His eye and then God decided to heal him, keeping only the black scar on his brown iris as a reminder of God's touching His life. May the healing of the vision be complete. And to my friends, seen and unseen, quiet and announced, bless you and keep you by Him and through Him for His glory and until we see His face and serve Him face to face and eyeball to eyeball-serve Him with all the strength that you have, with as much singleness of heart and purpose that you can "attain" and yeild to, Amen!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

I do feel overwhelmed every now and then. When I do, I need to be still and know that He is God.

8:43 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Yes, God is in control :)
Shall we let Him take the wheel?

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home