Friday, June 09, 2006

I just have a second!


Yesterday was very difficult. The day started out nice enough. I walked about 3 hours and passed out maybe 200 invitations around the neighborhood. Last night I got a disturbing and threatening phone call. The guy was livid and demanded that I go around the neighborhood and remove any remaining invitations. He told me that he was going to be filing a complaint with the association of homes because what I did was against the CC and R rules. He said that he had fellow neighbors who were very upset as well. I wrote the association, I requested prayers, I spoke with my husband and two good friends. This morning I prayed and read the Bible. So now I wait.

I posted two Bible Study informational signs on two community bulletin boards (one in a Bible book store and the other in our karate place).

I am praying that the thing with the association dissolves and is a non-issue. I am praying that the women who are supposed to join the study would join. I pray that I was be strong and courageous! I pray that maybe my church would sign on and allow this study to be done in association with the church, and offered through their bulletins after all.

Thank you for your prayers.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:18 AM

7 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

will keep you in prayers Andrea.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

All I can say is that when there's strong opposition to anything spiritual like this, the devil must be worried and you're doing the right thing! Keep on fighting and praying and fighting and praying!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Must be what missionaries go through, huh? As long as your not breaking any association rules, go forth and preach the gospel!!
I'll be praying for you!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

Hang in there. Apollyon can only do what the Almighty God lets him.

What time I afraid i will trust in Him.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember God is all powerful. That storms must stop adn winds must sees. The things that your neighbors are trying to do. Will be no match what God can and will do through you. Keep on believing that your prayers are answered, becuase they are. And that you have favor with man. The devil never likes a christian getting into his territory. So stand your ground. And you'll be victorious through it all.

10:30 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Wow, look at all these new faces and faces that I haven't heard from in a while - thanks for stopping by and praying for me and encouraging me. God bless you and share in His victory with me!

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes God asks us to push back the legalistic boundaries.

Praying that the women who God calls can find it in their hearts to accept the invitation and the group is a blessing and the beginnings of a spiritual fire in your commmunity.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home