Wednesday, May 31, 2006

"It's here in this bag?"


I called the church to see if they have decided one way or the other to offer my Bible Study (Well, Precepts Bible Study) to the church. I felt like I needed to know for planning purposes, so I called. I spoke with the Assistant Pastor, and he sounded like the situation is that nobody in administration there has thought about it one way or the other since I brought up the idea a couple of months ago, and they didn't have an answer for me one way or the other. It sounded like the materials that I gave them were still sitting there in the bag. ("You mean that information (about the dates, etc) is here in the bag?")

The problem is, is that my "plan" may be getting a little crimped, because I don't know if they are in or out. Also, I am going to be leaving for yet another vacation (believe it or not) and I was planning on starting the study June 26 when I got back from the trip. I wanted to get all the "sign-ups" by June 15 so I could order the books and be ready to go when I get back and have our first class the 26th.

I was also going to send flyers around the neighborhood, but I didn't know how many houses to distribute the flyers to, since I didn't know if the study was going to be opened up to the church, and I didn't want to send around as many flyers if the church was going to get flyers out to people in their bulletin also.

I have also been thinking about how cool it would be to somehow offer the Bible Study "on-line," but I am not sure if I should do that or how I would do that.

I am waiting on the Lord to work out these details.

I ordered some materials from Precept.org. Within a week some flyers that they create will be sent to me. I think I will distribute those after they arrive. That will leave about one week for people to sign up. Oh well. The promotional material that is being sent to me also includes ad info for newspapers and radio spots. Should I even consider that?

I have space for 24 participants in my home. I would be happy with as few as two or three people. 24 would likely be kind of a blow-away experience, but ... whatever. I was looking for a core of people that God would chose to participate that would stay and hang around for a long time, not that everyone would, but a certain core group. People that will help to create what God is going to do in the updcoming weeks, months, years and beyond.

So, what do you think? Would you ask God to do what He wants and make His will evident to the church at CCLC, and to the people who recieve the flyer? Would anyone really actually be interested in an on-line Study if people got their own audio or video of the Precepts lectures, did their own homework and for one hour per week have a group discussion online or by conference call? I think a person to person study is best, but some people may not have that option - like people in rural America. Should I send out the promo spots to newspaper or radio (I kind of think not, but what does the Lord want?)

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:44 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I would just pray and leave the details to God.

Have a wonderful vacation!!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Wow I think I am very similar to you Andrea, in that we both think a lot (detail personality). Will keep you in prayers.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

I would pray about it. God will show.

God's Grace.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home