Friday, May 19, 2006

Thank you Jesus!


Have we been busy! There haven't been any "business centers" at the places that we have been staying lately, so I haven't had a chance to log in. However, even if there were locations and computers to check in, there hasn't been time. We've been busy. After a long day of travel, I feel like kicking back in the hotel room, but my daughter feels like painting the town! I'm trying to keep up with her. I'll give a run-down.

After Scott's Bluff in Nebraska, we went to Colorado Rocky Mountains and went horseback riding. Our horse guides had just moved from Southeast Kentucky and my daughter and the two young men who were our guides were familiar with each other's high schools and had competed through sports at each other's schools. While horseback riding we saw a herd of Elk and a new coyote mom near her den. The mountains were SO beautiful.

We couldn't take the road that we wanted to go to Utah because it was still closed for the winter, so we had to go several hours out of our way, but my daughter was a really good sport about it. She has been about everything. We both try hard to get along and have been getting along well. The whole trip has been God-blessed. I wish sometimes God would tell us, "Andrea, go on this trip. Here's the schedule. You'll like it. Take your daughter." Instead, for years I have a yearning to go on this trip - well, several trips, to see all 50 states with my oldest daughter. Everything works out, and so it all seems blessed of the Lord, but how come I don't get a huge GREEN LIGHT GO sign, and have to worry and try to figure out, "Is this the right thing?" Well anyway...

In Utah we went white water rafting in the Colorado River. This morning we woke up in Utah and we were supposed to go ballooning, but (thank goodness) the trip was cancelled for the weather not being very good. I was scared to do that! My daughter is SO high energy, high endorphen type of personality, I figure I need to help her use all of the spunk in a positive way, and not end up in negative type of experiences. So, I was going to have her go in a balloon ride with me, but I didn't really want to go, but she did.

Next we stopped by the family history center in Salt Lake City and were greeted by a lot of very friendly and smiling faces who helped us with our geneology questions. We got outta there before they got on to the Mormon stuff.

Biologically speaking, I know that my mother's side is German, Austrian, Scottish, French and American Indian. I have a pretty thorough family tree of that side. On my father's side, while I had some names, I never knew what countries that side was from, because the grandfather on that side never shared the information, "We're American." So, I was able to locate the countries of origin from that side and those countries are: Germany, Belgium, Germany and Prussia (which is an area of Europe that became known as Northern Germany, for the most part, I think). Also, there is someone who has done a lot of geneology work already on the one side of the family, because we are connected in the family line (I found out today, by way of computer), so I will be able to get good information pretty easily. I don't want to do all the family history research at this time in my life, but in about ten years I hope to, and to get it all organized for my family. My family history is incedibly involved and complicated and interesting!

Next, we arrived in Idaho (where we are now) and went to a museum.

Dear Father, Thank You for everything that You have done on this trip. Help me to pray aloud to You still more. Thank You for the evidence of the Holy Spirit in my daughter's life, and to see how her backbone is You. Light the fire for her desire to be You, more and more. You are the only One that satisfies. Continue to be with my family back home and my blogging friends. In Jesus' name, AMEN!

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 3:32 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

so tell me, how long is this trip? Are you planning to go around the world or to all fifty states? Is it for a week or a month or how long? Guess I need to catch up cuz, I remmeber reading about you going, but not for how long or to where.

Sounds like God is there holding the two of you in the palm of His hand, Be Blessed and Be Safe.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Wow, how fun this must be. What memories you are making for your daughter -- showing her God's majesty in creation. It's such a beautiful thing to do. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. You will post pictures won't you?

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you've been real busy alright. hope you enjoyed the trip. post some pictures, ok? =)

10:53 PM  
Blogger Ileana said...

FINALLY. I've been trying to leave a comment for a while now, but keep getting kicked out for some reason.

I love the relationship you share with your daughter, and now you have all these adventures together...how fun!!!

When are you coming home?

I wish you a safe and joyful time on the road.

4:45 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

I get home Saturday, May 27. Maybe I will LEARN how to post pictures, someday! Maybe Eddo can post together some cartoons before I learn to post pictures! God is holding us in His hand. After this trip, we would have been to 43 states over the course of a few trips over about 4 years. I think my daughter & I r making gr8 memories. However, she really IS a lot like me, & she told me that when she is 18 years old, she really isn't going to be around much. She's going to be "too busy as an intern," and said will likely will live some place far away, like in Europe & probably won't even come home for holidays!. I believe her-however, the other day she said she is going to take her kids to all 50 states & we were saying how useful I will be to her as a grandmother & how daugthers with kids suddenly find their mothers quite valuable/useful. That was a hopeful exchange. Someday, she'll "come back", but in some ways, I'm afraid that she isn't going to be around much as a young adult, because like me & my mom, she is somewhat distant & independent & her own person. It is so sad to me that while we connect, we also don't really connect that much - like it isn't a natural state as it could be, as it is for others. So I'll enjoy these days, because though I think I am an important role model in her life, and although I can't predict the future, I think she is her own, very large (in persona), very independent, strong-leader-type, in-control, over-directing, own person and she isn't my little girl any more. And it is nearing the end of our trip, and though there may be other trips, there will never ever be my little girl again.

5:39 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

I'm so proud of your young lady, Andrea :)
You're indeed a very good mother.
She is very blessed to have you as her Mummy.

Have a very meaningful trip :)

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home