Saturday, April 29, 2006

Cut to the Chase update and a note on being a lioness


Okay - here's the low down as to what I've been up to.

Been so busy at work because three doctors are gone, and was frustrated that three or four nights this week I had to go back to the hospital to finish up my work. On the other hand, I did sneak away for two 3 hour blocks to go to the club exercise! (How fun is that?)

Anyway, last night I was so frustrated because I have been trying for several weeks to plan out the two and a half week trip that I am taking with my oldest daughter in May. So, last night (Friday), I realized that Saturday morning I actually could "sneak" and do nothing, so I began working on the travel plans last night about 9 PM and stayed up until 5 AM and did it! I listened to CD's and the radio which actually played great songs and ate chocolate off my diet for a little personal celebration that I was having with myself. Then I went to bed and slept until 9:45 AM. I finished up most of the travel details and blogged, and now I am going back to sleep (about 1:15 PM) and plan to sleep about three hours. (My hubby is with the kids today doing basketball stuff today).

The trip begins in North Dakota and travels by car through South Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, back to ND. Then, on a train through Montana, Idaho, Washington State, and then Canada (BC) for a two day respite. Then back on the train through Wash, Oregon and then back home to California.

We got three "Great Courses" on CD - college courses that you can buy on CD. The topics are a science overview, the history and development of the English language and Shakespeare commentary stuff.

Meanwhile, we decided not to have my youngest go to the school referenced two blog entries ago, but to wait until the following year. My oldest daughter is doing SO well, she has an incredible number of awards coming in. I am so proud of her. I am her secretary for her college prep stuff – LOVE IT! The boys are doing really well also, thanks for praying for Bradley (for those of you who remember that previous entry). God has great plans for Bradley (and the other kids He gave me). Bradley's job this summer is to read at least two hours per day this summer. (HE has agreed, because he has the rest of the time free. He is a fantastic reader, but I haven’t been able to get him to read much these past two years.) I got his library stack of books that I chose for him. Great Christian books (biographies, purity, prayer), and other great literature books and historical books (The Fall of the Roman Empire (3 volumes)).

Brandon, my littlest is starting speech therapy next year because he hasn't gotten his "r's" right despite my best efforts, and that is a blessing so have that set up, because I have been worried about that.

Husband is...great. A great prayer of mine was answered regarding him in my life. He spent two hours in a coffee shop last week with a Christian man who is a good friend of his. "What did I miss?" you may be thinking. Well, I'll tell you in heaven – or he will! Don't want to gossip, or feel uncomfortable talking about him in a way that I would feel embarrassed if he were to see. Just know this. God fulfills His promises and He is sovereign, and he can change the king's heart like a faucet, any way He desires. (This is not an invitation to share your theological perspective regarding predestination versus “free will,” unless you agree with me! Hehe.)

Acting Medical Director is going really well and is fun. However, I feel "attacked" (spiritually - for we battle not against flesh and blood) by one particular person at the hospital that seems to have a recurring pattern of throwing out darts in my direction. Help me to love and pray for her as I ought, and for God to protect me and establish His will in my life for His purposes and that I would walk in that with the confidence of a heart of a lioness. (There is a verse in Samuel about a courageous one having a heart of a lion). For the Lord’s purposes are not thwarted. Also, that I would be like Daniel, where his opposers/enemies could find no cause against him, except that he prayed to God in an open window, but that there wouldn’t be such opposition either. That God’s purpose for me I would walk in the way that Moses walked across the Red Sea. God says “go,” and I would hear the Shepard’s voice and I would go and He would open my path before me, according to His great and predestined path that He established before the foundation of the planet, that He knows, that He would have me to walk in, whatever it is. (Amen!)

I love you in the Lord yall! So glad you're interested.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 12:53 PM

8 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

First, the amount of energy you seem to have makes me tired and second, I am jealous that I don't have it!
Sounds like you've got every thing under control and that trip you have planned will be wonderful!
Good idea, supplying all those books for you son..one of my passions is reading. Books are a good friend that never argue with you!
What a blessing you must be to those who are privledged to work with you!! Promotion, promotion...

4:00 PM  
Blogger Ileana said...

Andrea,

I am so happy to read this post. Sounds like things are really turning around BECAUSE God is so good and faithful, I didn't doubt for a min. it would happen, especially the hubby situation. You give me hope!

I didn't know you were planning a road/train trip. I was just telling my friend, K, TODAY (at the train museum) that I would love to travel by train someday. It seems much more exciting and relaxing than an airplane. Please let us know how it all turns out.

As for the courses on CD, where did you get them? Are they for you or one of your kids? I plan to go back to school soon, but I'm indecisive on what to study. I will have to make a decision very soon.

Great news on Bradley. I did pray for him a while back.

As for the spiritual battle at work, remember the Armor of God in the Bible (Ephesians, I think). Put it on and you'll be fine. Gospel of peace on the feet, the belt of truth around your waist, breastplate of righteousness, helmet of salvation, sword of the spirit and the shield of faith. I am praying for your situation and trusting that God is working on it.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

I am grateful things are going well and I am so thankful God granted the prayers!

Sounds like a great trip but a pretty exhausting one too?? I hope you both will enjoy it very much.
May God continue to bless y'all:-)

God's Grace.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Hey Andrea, I wonder why you had trouble contacting me last, but I am glad you can now :) Really it sounds like you have a lot going on in your life, praise God for His wonderful provision and blessing to you. I am very happy for you dear.

7:40 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Have a very blessed and great trip, Andrea!
Enjoy yourself.
Take care :)

6:01 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Hey, thanks for the book, I just got it! I have heard of this book, I looked up the school on the internet, very interesting. I will definately keep it in mind for any of the boys who might be really needing a place to grow and are sincerely wanting to change.

Did you go to a boarding school when you were growing up? where did you first hear of this school?

Sounds like by the post, you are extremely busy. Thanks for your prayers, life has been difficult lately. I think my mom has onset of dementia, she swears we leave her by herself, but it is only if we have to go to the bathroom or kitchen. She also is wanting to go home, I don't know what to do, please continue to pray for me.

11:33 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Hey Andrea :)
Did you hear the very good news that our beloved Corry, KC and Kristi are meeting on this Friday?
I'm so excited for them =D

1:47 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

birmingham girl: My son is really a reader, when I can get him to settle down enough. I am prayerful that the selections will be a blessing to him helpp shape him into Christ's image, and be a blessing when he looks back at his "childhood" (not much of a child, but still is somewhat).

Maria: Thank you. You have encouraged me when I think about all I have to do is put on the battle gear. That's right.

I got the course CD's from "The Great Courses, The Teaching Company." As far as the hubby situation, it is really a battle of the mind, because the enemy will say that nothing is happening, and that nothing has changed and that he isn't going to ever be what you hoped for or want. But you know, Moses had to wait 80 years to be the leader of his people, and Abraham about 100 years to have his son, so while waiting there is always hope. Also, there are people that are greatly used in the Bible that weren't that hot of stuff, like Jacob and Judah. Even Lot is referred to as righteous. Satan is not the definer of our husband's standing with God, let's just wait to see what God has to say in the end. And like when Peter asked Jesus what is going to happen to John, Jesus said, "You don't worry about John, you follow me," or something like that. So we just need to do what we are called to do and leave the rest in God's hands. Also, to each is given a measure of grace from the Father, gifts, and we don't know how much our husband's were given, so it may be more of a stuggle for them, because they were not gifted with the same amount of faith as we were, that is why we are called to be their help-meets. God bless!

Corry, Kitty, Audrey: You are like my three faithful blessings - and Pia too, who visit me faithfully like a loving, doting grandmother or friend! Hope you don't mind the analogy! Not age related!

Dana, You come to my mind frequently when I am at church and so I pray for you, and I remember your mom and that situation. I didn't go to Boarding School as a youth, but my cousins did. I prejudged the situation as horrible and something that I would never do. Never be too quick to judge. God is unique. You can never fit Him into a cookie cutter - except one shaped like the Ten Commandments, but even to that, He came along and put His own magic to that - the magic of GRACE spelled BLOOD.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home