Monday, March 27, 2006

Purpose II


I want to walk circumspectly yet boldly.
Carefully yet forcefully.
With purpose and intent.
With due diligence and yet with abandonment.
What is this life, after all but a fragrance?
My essence is like the grass of the day,
the flower of the season,
the dew of the night,
the lily of the field,
the bird called from far away.
I am the coin Jesus pulls from the fish on the needed day,
the woman at the well,
the woman caught in spiritual adultry,
the woman weeping at His feet.
I am Mary and I am Martha,
forever learning, continually striving.
I am the raven sent from Noah's boat,
I am Peter walking on the water.
I am Paul sold out to Him.
I am Andrea, the woman whose desire is for Him.
And so this breath I now take
may be my last
and may be my first of a new adventure,
a new season,
a different time.
So I will live for Him and I will die for Him,
I will go across the lake for Him
to the other side
just as He instructed
just as He asked.
My mistakes sting like the salt in the wound,
but what cuts during battle
gives glory during the days of peace to come.
Christ is my life and I have no other.
I will not bow before another.
I will not quit before my time
and though I will fall
He shall lift me up again
and carry me on His shoulders
across that finish line in the sky
and we shall reign with Him
age after age after age.
So go with me Father, go.
Fight for me and I shall live and die in Your body of Christ.
Save me from the enemy of myself.
Plunge me into the baptism of Your Spirit.
Put Your mark on my forehead
that where ever I go
whatever I say
whatever I do
I would do it in You
I would do it in Christ
For today
and for all eternity.
Amen.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 4:00 AM

8 Comments:

Blogger kathi said...

I am so thankful for your spirit. For the way you lift others up, encourage and inspire. You are a blessing.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful, sis. your last two posts got me thinking too. what is my purpose, really?

glad to be back and i've missed you. i know i have a lot of catching up to do and i'm just about to do that now. God bless you, sis. =)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Ileana said...

You are always such an uplifting read! You are much more than that; I admire your spirit and determination. You a woman after God's own heart. :)

4:30 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Andrea, you can write very well :)

Yes, when we stumble, He picks us up. God is always very faithful.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Amen! this reminded me of something I read. The author was saying forgive me Lord for not loving you and as I read what He wrote, I said too, Forgive me Lord.

This post is how we should live. His love should motivate our Love for Him and it should show in our actions, He died for me, therefore I will live for Him. I could never show Him enough. I just want to express my Love for Him in my everyday life.

sorry for rambling, just got off on a deep thought there.

2:25 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

K,P,M,A,D: I think that I want to print up this purpose poem and put it in a frame in my bedroom to remember my purpose.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

dropped by to see if you posted

11:36 PM  
Blogger Karuna said...

Wonderful, wonderful...God Bless you...this one is amazing.

God Bless.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home