Friday, March 24, 2006

The widow with nothing to give


The widow with only one mite to give
The child with five loaves of his
The man with the heart of stone
The lost sheep all alone

I am afraid
and I am alone
I am in love
My Lord holds me so

This day my Lord came through again
This day were blessings untold
Time passes but eternity is here
Faith anticipates and hope overturns the fear

I hold on
I cling to my God
The future He holds
He holds me in His hand

He honors me because I believe
But I did nothing except receive
In the night I saw my fear
And in the dark
His face drew near

The glory is for God alone
Though through this light He marks out His own
He comforts me in all my pain
He is alive and I am dead
Nothing lost but all is gained.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 9:38 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Ileana said...

"He honors me because I believe
But I did nothing except receive."

This whole poem is extraordinary, but that line I quoted from it sums it all up for me. After reading it, it stuck with me and made me feel great.

What a way to start the day! Thanks, Andrea!

BTW, I read your "I feel out of sorts" post and hope all's better for you today. The part where you wrote, "I feel a little behind," reminded me of when I said that in front of my kids once. My oldest giggled and said, "You feel a little 'behind,' mom? Whose little behind are you feeling...K's?" Kids are great, aren't they?

God bless! Have a great weekend!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home