Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Two Things


It seems that there are two things thay I need to remember with regards to having a Bible Study. One thing to remember is my initial desire to be able to help disciple one willing soul. That is, the number who come or don't come to "my" Bible Study belongs to God. My desire needs to remain that I want to serve one person who is willing, while serving all who come.

The second thing that I need to remember is the gratitude, humility and awe of being allowed to teach God's people. I will do well to remember these two things. May God be with my attitude and sustain it in Him! - Please God, do this for me. May He make a great name for Himself and open a door that no one can shut.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:32 AM

8 Comments:

Blogger Corry said...

Andrea, if you keep in mind that you are being a testimony and may even learn some new things yourself, I don't see how you can go wrong.
I have every confidence you will do well:-)

God's Grace.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Ileana said...

This is a good idea to keep in mind with ALL things. When we work for God, it's not necessarily about big numbers. Remember the lost sheep parable? He leaves the many and looks for the one. One is an important number to God. You have the right attitude. It's great to see God working in your life.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Good on you dear. Trust that God will continue to work In you and Through you.

7:29 PM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Corry: You are consistantly a dear, thanks.

Maria: Love your reminder about the lost sheep parable. Yes, God focuses on each ONE. And you're right, these things are important to remember in all areas of life -focusing on individuals, and being grateful and humble. I am praying that God would cause these attributes to remain. I feel like He took 20 years to develop this character and I could waste it with one puff of pride. But God is faithful.

Kitty: I will continue to trust that God can and use even me! Thanks.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

let us remember to do things for His glory and to allow Him to use us for His glory. =)

11:15 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

All I can say is AMEN to all of the above.

2:27 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

You're holding yourself responsible for what He's called you to do. Whether anyone ever crosses your doorway or not, you've been faithful and obedient. You are not responsible for anyones faith but yours.

I pray the blood of Jesus over your doorway, that His angels will stand guard over your home, and I rebuke any evil spirit that tries to come against you in your endeavor to share the love of Christ.

Hugs!

4:25 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Pia, yes, submitted to him for His glory (nothing else lasts anyway)
Seeker, thanks- an Amen is a blessed thing
Jayne, how exciting! You can use tha new cool Bible
and Kathi: I'll agree with you in that precious prayer, thanks

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home