Saturday, March 04, 2006

Bible Study Update!


See last post. Here's what's happened since. So, like my hubby was driving me to the airport at 6:30 in the morning and I asked him what he thought about me having a neighborhood Bible study, right? Anyway, he said that it would be fine with him but that I should run it by the Pastor os our church first! That made me scared a little, to go ask my Pastor, for reasons that I alluded to on the last post, but I figured he gave me godly counsel.

So upon arriving in Chicago and doing a few necessities at the airport, I called Pastor Rich before connecting with my next flight. I had to call three times over one and a half hours, but they said to try calling back at specific times and that is what I did.

Finally he and I talked. Bottom line, no lie? He thinks that the Bible Study sounds great and prayed with me on the phone. He prayed that God would open a door that no man could shut.

So now I am excited. I always wanted to lead a Bible Study but God had not opened the door to it before.

I am praying that this summer I could have our first neighborhood study and it would pave the way, you guessed it, for great things to come. I welcome your prayers and I thank you for your enthusiasm! God bless yall!

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 2:28 PM

9 Comments:

Blogger Kc said...

That's great! We'll pray God blesses in every way. ;-)

4:09 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Hey, come live closer and I will join, hehe.

I am so grateful you get to do this and may God bless your efforts and all those attending:-)

God's Grace.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Ileana said...

I am so excited for you!!--Can I attend?? California's not THAT far from Florida, is it? LOL

I always thought about hosting a book club meeting or a writing group or something creative at home. You are actually inspiring me to do SOMETHING.

6:33 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

You guys are so encouraging!!!!!!!!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Godwyn Lim said...

Dear Sister,

Psalm 13:8 says, "The Lord will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O Lord is everlasting; Do not frosake the works of Your Hands. "

I'm sure Jesus is concerned over your vision, expect Him to make it happen! Amen?!

It's 2 far for me to join but please share with us online ya!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

I am so glad your pastor was so encouraging and that God is leading you to do this!!

May God refresh you as your refresh others by hosting this bible study!!

May the Lord, even now, open hearts and draw those who are to come to your home and bible study!!!

Keep us posted :) And GO FOR IT!!!! It's goin' to be great!

8:30 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

I'm so sorry to know that the lady at work had had a terrible fall.

How is she now?

12:12 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Okay y'all, may God pave the way for an online version! I'll wait for Him on that.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

that's awesome! will keep you in prayers Andrea.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home