Saturday, February 25, 2006

Question asked by hubby:"Can we go to church tomorrow night?"


Answer: "yes!"

Our marriage for 19 years was characterized as my begging and pleading for my husband to go to church and his adament refusal to go. After the begging period of many years, next came the cold war years, followed by a final beg and plead, followed by recluctant participation.

I remember the first time my hubby came to church. The service was on sexual immorality and we were in the book of Proverbs. The church reads through the Bible verse by verse and now, a few years later we are in Acts.

I don't think my husband has ever gone to church without me. Last week I was out of town, and I suppose it is possible that he went, but every other time that I have not attended, he has not attended either. Tomorrow he and the kids are going skiing. Husband asked me if we could go tomorrow night since he will be missing in the morning. I calmly shook my head "yes," but inside I jumped up and down and hugged him, because he could have just skipped attending altogether since he wasn't going to be around.

Thank You Jesus for the great things You have done. Continue still more. I trust You with my husband and my family. I love You with my life. Thank You for Your kindness. Give my husband an uncontrolable desire to read the Bible, and do that for Maria's husband too. Amen.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 9:05 PM

8 Comments:

Blogger Corry said...

I am happy for you Andrea. May God continue to bless and instill the desire in your husband.

God's Grace.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Curious Servant said...

That is very good. It is wonderful to see spiritual growth, and even sweeter when it happens in our spouse.

God bless.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

It's a wonderful thing when someone comes into a better understanding of God. It's sad when they don't know God either.

I found a person in blogland who basically questions his faith. He says he needs to "know for sure". He doesn't not believe in "blind faith", which is what I go by---as well as 'know'. I say my belief is more like knowledge in a way, because I know God is real...just like you do.

I usually never, ever do this, but since your blog is so encouraging, and uplifting---I want to ask you if you would mind doing something for a man that I met online.

If you can just read this post he just wrote, and the comments------would you consider leaving a comment and sharing your views on God with him. He's not a 'non-believer' but he's more of a skeptic. He needs proof. He wants to know there's a God, and he stated that he's not happy.

Here's the link. Just click on this.

No, it's not spam, I just wanted to give you the link so that maybe someone like yourself and your readers who are believers can possibly just plant a few seeds in him.

I would appreciate it so much. This man is such an intelligent guy with a generally 'good heart', but he's lost. (In my opinion) Lost in the aspect of where he is regarding God.

Thank you! :)

8:35 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Corry: always so good to hear from you.
Curious: also so good to hear from you as well. Blessings to your family.
Deb: I have prayed for you and your friend. That is more effective than anything I could say. Hopefully that is not a disappointment to you.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, andrea, i'm so happy for you! praise God! we'll pray that God will continue to work in your hubby's life and maria's hubby too.

God bless!

9:05 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Our Lord had answered our prayers.
He is so faithful and loving.

Thank you Jesus!

11:48 PM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Pia: Hi. Thanks for that enthusiasm!

Audrey: Your devotion to the Lord is as beautiful as the flowers on your site.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, thanks for that story.. I stumbled upon your blog looking through updated ones on the blog website. I'm in Australia. There are 8 people in my family including myself and 3 of them are not Christians including my dad. I pray all the time for them and I love hearing stories of God's goodness and faithfulness when prayers are answered. praise the Lord :) Bless you for sharing your faith with others.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home