Monday, February 27, 2006

Exhausted!


I was on call three of the last four nights, answering phone calls all night. Plus I had to work at the hospital most of the weekend. When I wasn't working, I did over two hours of group exercise at the club and spent a few hours doing some paperwork. Plus, I went on a bike ride. I am so tired! I skipped out of my Bible Study tonight. I realized that I don't think I ever skipped spontaneously in the six or seven years that I have been going to BSF. You see, if I did go tonight, my kids would be alone, because my husband is volunteering at a ministry in Upward Basketball at the church that two of my kids go to school at. (Bad Grammar - "Oh well!") Plus it is raining hard and I just heard thunder. It never thunders here. I hear the wind howling. I'm crashing early tonight.

I realized that I have just been going so hard. I got to tell you that I really enjoy doing that. What a blast. But now I am tired.

I try to sleep and retire and take an evening off every several months or so when I feel tired like this. You got to stay in balance.

My son Bradley called my husband early this morning, and then later this afternoon (he never does that). He asked if he could bring home two boys from boarding school with him to California for the one week break that starts later this week. We said, "sure," just their parents have to pay the airplane tickets.

The boys are from Korea, and don't have anywhere to go for the week break. "Lord, do Your will! Entertain us with Your design of things - Your plans, Your preparations!"

Today I got a call about a bill that my husband for some reason likes to skip over, and it would be the one that I would pay first. Anyway, I would like to move on from using this particular company, but for various reasons, we are kind of stuck with the situation. But maybe not. "Lord, please organize and take over what You want to do with this company. Give my husband direction and wisdom in these financial areas of life. See my anxiety? I give it to You. Tell me like you did in the Bible to others, 'Do not be afraid,' and take care of this situation."

I am going to sleep. "Lord, thank you for being with my husband tonight while he is at the church. Fulfill Your purpose in His life. Help me to rest in You. Give me sleep, favor and peace. Amen."

"Lord, I am thinking that I may be moving on to a new Bible Study group after BSF is over this year. Show me where to go, what to do. Jesus, take the reigns, take the wheel."

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 6:45 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger Ileana said...

Great post! I, too, like to be busy doing God's work. He gives us the energy and then he basically tells us, you better get some rest. Even He rested on the 7th day. :)

I might sound like a fanatic these days, but I'd rather be a fanatic for Christ than standing on the sidelines of life. He fuels me!

4:38 AM  
Blogger Seeker said...

You sure have been busy! I don't know too many doctors who get much rest, though. Even when you've seen your patients, done your rounds, answered all the pages and phone calls, there's always that pile of paperwork. It's the never-ending pile.
I hope you will get refreshed, though.
Sounds like you will have a houseful soon. That should be fun. For a week. (wink)
Hang in there, and go with God.

5:19 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Maria: You go girl! I am so encouraged whenever I think of you and what God is doing in your life!

Seeker: So, I saw that one of your interests is grandchildren. Do you have grandchildren? I am looking forward to having grandchildren and think sometimes about how fun that will be to be a grandparent. As far as the Korean boys coming over to our house, I am so exhausted trying to keep a step ahead of God, that I realized that is not where I am to be! I am to FOLLOW. So we'll see what He has in mind. Here's a prayer: Go for it God!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Yes, I have 3 grandsons... I'm always posting their pictures on my blog. It's one of my favorite subjects. You will most certainly enjoy being a grandma, someday. (Not too soon, though, as your kids are still young.)
Keeping our priorities is important. This spring break could be a lot of fun for you and your family. Enjoy!

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you're feeling rested already. Take some time to relax a bit. =)

6:49 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

I also find that I go hard for work and ministry easily, but it's also important to have rest.

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home