Thursday, March 09, 2006

Life is a Highway


Yesterday I was thinking about how my life - how everybody's life is like a freeway. You're traveling down one road and then - bam, you're on another.

I was thinking about the whole adoption experience of the second half of last year. I was on that raod and then - bam - I'm somewhere else. Now I'm running a Bible Study in association with my local church (at least in my mind). Okay Lord, I'm yours! I'll do whatever. Both or either of these options fill me with joy!

My 92 and a half year old Grandma (it is time to count the halves again) crocheted me some placemats and blankets. She has had two small but significant strokes. Well, the blankets and placemats came back so funny if it weren't so sad. They look like a small child did them, all goofy. I love them, like a mother loves the art work of a small child. They will always be precious to me. Her beautiful art work. Her beautiful craftsmanship. These pieces represent the raod she is traveling on these days.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 6:51 AM

11 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

I've often thought of that too. I picture each day as standing at the top of a peak or mountain top. If I squint I can just see into the next day which may hold many valleys or more mountains.

8:10 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

His will be done, a great way to live.
I have work done by my grandma the year before she died. I use to not let anyone use them, but now that the boys are teenagers, I keep them out and they use them. I want them to have them someday and use them, passing on the stories of where they came from.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Handmade with love.
You can't beat that.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless your granny. to you with love from granny. that means a whole lot!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

HOW SWEET! God Bless you and yours, may you lift Him up in your Bible Study!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

It was made with love and that's what counts and makes it so special:-)

God's Grace.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Awww i have tears in my eyes now. Your Grandma is so special. Her beautiful art work is certainly an object of love. Yes I agree that life is really like a highway...we are constantly traveling down different road. I think no matter where we are, as long as we are with God, we can be filled with joy!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

So precious! I haven't had grandparents for about 8 years now and I so miss them.

Long time no visit. I should be less of a stranger. Take care!

4:47 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

just stopped by to see if you had posted anything. Have a wonderful day in the Lord.

4:50 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Thank you everybody. You are precious to me.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Ileana said...

I know what you mean. I still have the ceramic poodle puppies my great-grandfather painted for me in the late 70s, and I LOVE them! They look like they're wearing too much eye make-up and their smiles are crooked but they're priceless.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home