Monday, March 20, 2006

"Bless me"


"Let us come boldly to the throne of grace and ask for help in time of need."

What do you need? What do you want? I want my family to be sold out to Jesus Christ and to live and to die for Him, not counting their own lives as dear to themselves.

I want God to put our finances in order through my husband. I want God to bless my husband's business ans cause in him a desire to serve and bless his family. Even as Jacob said when he was about my husband's age and after he had served Laban for many years, "But now, when may I do something for my own household? (Gen 30:30).

I have other prayers too and things that I want. But above all, I want to be in God's will. I don't want to be a striver for the things of my flesh. I don't need to be a liar or a deceiver. God my Father shall supply all of my needs according for His riches in Christ Jesus, and I want to grab each one.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:18 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Ileana said...

Ditto on paragraph #3! Stormie O'Martian wrote something in "The Power of a Praying Wife" that always stays with me. Basically, she says when we pray for a change in our husbands, first we really need to pray for is a change in ourselves. We need to be sure we're right with God before expecting God to change our hubbies.

If God would've changed my husband while I was still the old, "wordly" me, I probably wouldn't have appreciated it or even noticed the change. I'm not saying infidelity is worth it (it's NOT!), but in my case, it opened my eyes to a bunch of things I hadn't seen before...especially in myself.

1:26 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Yes, God bless you, Andrea :)

1:33 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

I want health for my family, and as I've already asked for it, I give thanks for it daily.
I stand on 'raise a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it'...I want my boys to be strong Godly men, and I thank God that they will be.

I appreciate you so much. Thank you.

11:12 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Berrymom: welcome!
Maria: like I said, you are an example to follow. Keep following hard after God
Audrey: I appreciate you coming by
Kathi: Thank you again for your encouragement! God bless you today!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

May God bless you and your family abundantly Andrea.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home