Saturday, March 25, 2006

Purpose


What is God's purpose for you? What is God's purpose for me?

So often in the Bible we see how the enemy attacks or tries to undermine a person by trying to cause him (or her) to doubt his purpose.

"If you are the Son of God then..."
David was to be king, but when oh when? Joesph's parents were going to bow before him one day...then why was he in prison?

Last year I came to realize my main purposes - that under Christ I am a wife, a mother, a doctor and a friend. But I wonder, will God expand upon that a bit for me? Will He tell me more information? How will He use me in the lives of other Christians?

For so many years I have been a pot set on simmer at the back of the stove. For so many years I was discouraged and felt inadequate because God just didn't seem to use me. It's like He didn't want or need me for much of anything, certainly nothing exciting. I couldn't do anything for God it seemed. He wouldn't even take my money.

So I sat around. I prayed and I read the Bible. I went to church. I raised my kids and taught home school. I took them to Bible study classes. Hardly anyone even knew me in the church. I melted into the pews. An invisible Christian.

But something started to happen. I came to realize serving Christ alone was best and God alone was my delight.

Lord, show me more of your purpose for my life. What secret sauce are You brewing? Pour me out and use me the way You want. And if You just want me to keep brewing, then may I be a sweet, sweet aroma that You enjoy. It is You who is worthy and I want Your life through me in all that I do.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:28 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Yeah!
You're right. Jesus is our best friend :)

1:19 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Such a beautiful post. I love the analogy you used. I think "the sauce" is already very tasty!

May God keep on seasoning you with tablespoons of love, hope and faith untill He has the perfect recipe according to His will:-)

God's Grace.

3:35 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

You've got such a sweet spirit and heart. I stand with you.

10:17 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Ladies,
I am so humbled by your atttendance to my blog, especially since with phone I haven't been able to visit Audrey and Kathi in a long time. When I just have a few moments and I'm going to blog I ask God for direction and I think about my purpose for blogging. For me, I want to write and I pray God would send me receptive ears that He wants to touch through me. I also want this to be a record of my journal through time. BTW, does blog land ever delete our old blogs?

12:58 PM  
Blogger Ileana said...

I don't quite know my purpose yet, but I know I'm being fueled for Christ. I want to give something back...and the "One life: Do Something" motto for 1 Life Revolution (helping Africa) was the one cause I heard about at church and it was on the morning I prayed for God to show me where he wants me to help. Just being you, Andrea, is enough!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Amen!

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home