Friday, July 28, 2006

Daily prayer and Bible study!


Since I've come home from Bible Study training in Tenneessee (I think I may have added an extra letter in that word somewhere? Anyone know how to install spell check into this thing that can remind and teach me to spell as I write?) I got up each AM at about 5:00 and prayed for around 20 - 30 minutes and had a Bible Study in my Precepts course each morning for about an hour! Now, that is almost heaven on earth - well, not really, it is just experiencing a little heaven while I am on earth. Yeah, I was tired in the morning, and I want to sleep more, but I am waiting on God to pull that end of things together.

I couldn't seem to "get things done" in terms of the Bible Study stuff before when I changed every day the time I got up and the circumstances that I set time aside to meet with Him. Sure, God did continue to bless and meet with me at these sporatic times (He is so faithful), but what joy in meeting with Him with the first fruits of every day.

I am doing this, in part, to do my Precepts Bible Study course before I get to lead the Bible Study course this fall.

You know, I talk about being blessed a lot and I am. But don't think that I don't hurt, that I don't cry, that I am not disappointed. "No temptation (trial) has ceazed you except that which is common to man, but God is faithful, He will not let you be tempted beyond what you are able to bear, but with it He will provide a way of escape that you may bear up under it."

"Be strong in the Lord and in His strength."

It is "not by strength, not by might but by my spirit says the Lord of hosts."

Hope I got those quotes exactly right, but forgive me if a word or two is off.

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all of your ways, ackowedge Him and He will set your path straight."

Love to you!

Andrea

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:50 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Ileana said...

You are right where you ought to be and I'm thankful that I can hear about it on your blog. Your life inspires me to desire bigger and better things in Christ.

I know your Bible study will be a success. God is using you in a big way!

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

may God bless you more. :)

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home