Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ten days, ten minutes


How do I summarize almost ten days in ten minutes? Humm...........

My oldest daughter turned 16 years old.
My husband said I had the "perfect-sized" behind.
I've been crying and praying like a baby for my oldest son. God has a plan for him!
I drove about 600 miles on Sunday.
I drove over 300 miles Friday night after 8:30 PM.
I have caffeinated sodas about every third day.
I have a Togo's Asian Chicken salad (no noodles please) almost every day.
My youngest son chose to have his hair cut super-duper short.
My youngest daughter smiles back and her painting of the milk cartoon looks awesome in its frame on the kitchen wall.
Praying to God is the best part of the day.
God is the best friend that I have, still.
My friend has called the last two nights as she was driving from home from work.
I got to lead two doctor's meetings and they went great.
I am walking in the power of Christ because I know who I am in Him. I am a wife, a mother, a doctor and a friend. These are my roles. I wish I were a writer. I guess I am that too, but it is secondary.
I still hope to go on a cruise around the world in about 2018, or is it 14? Can't think right now, it's late. Skip the details.
I got a patient mad at me today, and I pray that she is over it by now and doesn't hold a grudge. She thinks I'm mean. And unfair. So do my kids. Oh well. Life goes on. Who am I living to please? Only the One who counts, or least that is what I want to do, how I would like to live. To live BOLDLY in the spirit for Christ, by His Spirit. With abandonment. Ahhhh…..I’m set free and carefree!
I would love to do a Health Care Executive MBA program that I just read about. I emailed my husband and asked what he thought about it. It would start September 2007. Here Lord, I'm putting it into Your hands. I'll do whatever is pleasing to You.
The Lord has continued to supply my needs for my finances, my children's health and emotional needs, my marriage needs, my house, my mortgage, my children's school and related expenses. No creditor’s calling. No one’s knocking so I am going to thank God for this day! Where is my Ebenezer’s stone? I want to make a monument, “Thus far the Lord has helped me!”
Today was 104 and yesterday was 107 in my home town.
The Lord met me today when I awoke and has been with me all day and is with me now.
The Lord distracted me from distractions and kept me focused on better things.
I'm still a sinner. I’m the sinner covered in Christ’s blood that boldly goes to the Father’s throne, seeking grace and favor. “You have not because you ask not.”
The Bible Studies were absolutely wonderful, but emotionally draining.
I'm getting good at the yoga and Pilate stretch classes. Would like to have more cardio and spin time though.
I wish that I had more time to visit my blogging friends and to put together about four photo books on mypublisher.com and to complete items on a long to do list including a report that will take me about 15 hours to complete.
I had my nails done and am getting them done again soon.
My husband loves me and I don’t nag him, hardly ever. But he is very sensitive when I do, so he may think that I nag more that I do. Or maybe I nag more that I realize. In any event, nagging actually isn’t my job. It the Father’s job to see that His children have their needs met. If I feel oppressed, then God will be especially attentive to my cries. He cares for those who are weak by position. He wants us to ask Him for our needs and not to become something that we were not created to be. “A nagging wife is like a constant drip” (Proverbs).
I put up a sign on my bulletin board that I cut out from a magazine with a picture of a rainbow that said, "God's Faithfulness"
Tobymac, "This Christmas" is playing on the computer. My heart weeps for the sons I wanted but did not become mine. It was and is a privilege to pray for them. God heard and blessed them. I hope I meet them in heaven, if not on earth.
God bless you! And remember:
You don't need to be great to be a saint, just needy, and He'll make You great in Him - where it counts! Thank you for checking in! May God bless YOU. Yes you.
Love, Andrea, the Ordinary Christian

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 10:32 PM

7 Comments:

Blogger Flex J! said...

Hello! Just bloghopping! Nice blogging. So neat and inspiring!

Keep on!

2:40 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

God bless you too, Andrea :)

6:10 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

wow you've done a lot in ten days, and I admire your relationship with the Lord.God bless you heaps Andrea!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Godwyn Lim said...

Dear Sister Andrea,

I am impressed just as Kitty said, so many things done in just 10 days!

Sharing is loving, thank you for sharing with us your life, reminding me constantly Jesus loves me heaps and at ALL time!

Have a good weekend ahead!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Why is it that every time I read one of your posts, I'm tired?! You sure manage to pack a lot into your days...and it's all good stuff! May God continue to bless you with what seems to be endless energy!
Pat

2:56 PM  
Blogger Ileana said...

Andrea,

Thanks for keeping it real. I can always count on you when I start getting too big for my britches. You remind me that it's not about me. Your humble post made me realize, we are all so much alike. We get everything from the Lord; everything else we think we are (apart from him) is not real.

May God bless you, strengthen you and encourage always.

Your friend,
Ileana (aka Maria)

3:32 PM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

You all humble me! (Blush)(and smile)

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home