Saturday, August 12, 2006

"Do you ever feel you are on a mission from God?"


Plod, plod, push. Life is hard. But I will press on. Who can hold back a person with a vision? Who can hold back a person who believes that she is possessed with a purpose higher and more significant than merely her own sights? Who can hold back the enthusiasm of one who believes that God is continuing to bring everything together for her good? Who can thwart a woman who thinks she hears God tell her that He is with her? That she can run for Him? That she can know Him? That she can work for an eternal purpose?

Yet, life is hard. The irritating fly keeps pestering. Why does he keep bothering me? People criticize. People don't share your vision. People test your mettle. People want to see what you are made of. People tend to hate your God and love their sin and feel threatened, so I keep things a bit undercover - never-to-be-threatening, so I can keep on my mission. My mission from God. God has called me to be a light in a dark place, so I am. I try to shine in the way He has called me. We all have a calling. Listen to Him for yours.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:39 AM

8 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Working for His purpose! What a privledge and an honor! I loved your comment on my blog...He is what makes us valuable! Amen!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

Life interrupts love :) Does that make sense?

What is so cool about God is it seems He has very little concern over what we take so much time being concerned about. Knowing your doing what God wants or simply getting up everyday knowing God allowed it makes the things of this life that are less then wonderful worth it. At least for me. Now if I could just get myself out my way I could have so much fun :P

I am always on a mission it seems and God with or without my knowledge is always in the details.

I am looking forward to reading more of your blog glad I found it.

Love now tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

I can just hear the Mission Impossible there music playing when I read your blog!! I love your spirit..the sprit of the Lord lives within you!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

As long as you don't quit, you won't fail! God bless you, Andrea.

Wow Mrs Zeke, that is a deep thought but it makes great sense :-)

God's Grace.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Rabbity-Sniff said...

Those who cause mischief in the dark will always be irritated, offended, and trying to run you off when the light of God that you shine exposes them. You remember how horribly Job was tested. And Peter says that the Christian life is a trail. If your isn't, you'd better take a deeper look at your so-called Christianity. It's hard to know what to do in every situation. Speak the truth in love. That's a tough call because the truth is usually abrasive and it hurts. But if you didn't tell the truth, that wouldn't be loving.

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the book and learning so much from it. i'm now applying everything i've learned in real life. thanks again for your gift.

God bless.

1:57 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Yeah!
Keep on shining for our Lord, Andrea :)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Ileana said...

I think we're on the same wavelength, you and me. Whenever I post something, afterwards I check other blogs, and when I come to yours, I think, didn't I just write something like this? It's awesome!

We have to keep on keepin' on!

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home