Thursday, October 19, 2006

Good to me


I want to write but I am really tired and want to go to sleep. I want to write about God's grace and the things that happened this week. I am nervous because lots of times people don't want to hear about good news, it gets them down. "Why can't my life be like that?" "Why can't I have good things?" Those are some of the things that I think others will think if I go on and on with my enthusiasm.

Really, everyone has God's grace sufficient for them. Everyone has God's will that is sufficient for them. Is God's will good enough for you or would you like more? Do you need more than merely the best that God has to offer? Do you also need the flesh to feel good? I know that I fall that way and it is hard. Life is hard. I'm not perfect. But sometimes I feel really, really blessed.

I am amazed at my life, my Lord, my family. I have problems but I chose to look at His magnificent sufficiency to me. And when I look, I am amazed. God has been so good to me.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 9:18 AM

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the exact same way. I tell people that I am so blessed and that God has given me the grace of peacefulness. This doesn't mean that my life is perfect and I don't have struggles. My life is just like others. I have conflict and I have joy; however, I am at peace thru it all. I feel I am so lucky to have this feeling of peace in my life. Don't feel bad at what the Lord has given you. Rejoice in it.

Blessings,

Karen

9:36 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Thanks for reminding me to see the beautiful ways God is moving in my life and His sufficiency.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

I also often stand amazed at jsut how blessed I am.. Thank you, Lord!!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

We should rejoice in our blessings and be sensitive to those who are going though a hard time. Balance is what is required of us...I'm so happy that you recognize all the Lord has done..may he continue to fill your cup to over flowing!!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

This is exactly what our service was about at church Sunday (rockharbor.org). The Isrealites had feasts to celebrate the goodness of God-- ONLY to celebrate the goodness of God. I found this facinating. So often we forget this quality today. He simply is so good. Thank you for the reminder.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

I think it's good to share your blessings and God's goodness and love. It may prompt others to look for theirs and rejoice in them. And God gives them every day, all the time.:-)

God's Grace.

6:23 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Thank you all for coming and listening to me. May the Lord of speech be withmy words and your hearing.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home