Friday, September 15, 2006

Overwhelmed with you


I am overwhelmed and feel so blessed of the Lord. The comments on the last blog I wrote were all so special to me. I feel overwhelmed because I love what God has given to me this morning through all of you.

After I wrote the last entry, this past week as I reflected from time to time about what I wrote, I thought about how I didn't provide much background information for the newcomers, ect. Little did I know that you all, my friends, responded to me with each bringing a great gift - more of yourselves.

This is a wonderful thing to me. I guess that is one reason why I like psychiatry because I like it when people give me, entrust me with seeing more of who they are, show me more of themselves.

I am taking off to go to a women's retreat for the weekend.

Today I will leave you with a copy of an email that I sent off to my first Pastor in the Lord, who I "ran into" when I was crusing Blue Letter Bible site and sent him this:
Dear Bob and Dini,

I only have less than a minute right now, but maybe that is a good thing! I won’t be mailing you a fifteen page letter today! This is Andrea, who used to go to Calvary Chapel Irvine about 100 years ago.

I was referred to Blue Letter Bible to look up some Bible helps and saw your "Day by Day by Grace" daily devotional there and was blessed to read it and see God’s faithfulness to you.

God has been faithful to me as well. For the past several months (I will share this with you in the Lord), I have been having the pleasure of getting up at 5 AM for my Bible and prayer time for about 90 minutes or longer each day, and God is showing me so many things.

There is a course of this world and we, in Christ are seated far above it.

Anyway, as always, here are my prayer requests (out of habit I will give them to you):

God continue to rescue my family from the apathy of this world into full and rich service into the kingdom of His Son. They are in His kingdom, praise God! But, like the time of Judges, it is a time of apathy in the land, including in my home. Everyone is lulled to sleep by the pleasures of this world and by these times.

That God would be in the Women’s Bible Study that is in my home. We are starting a ten week study in I Samuel through Precepts Ministries with Kay Arthur Bible Studies. I think that God has brought merely two hungry women to the group, and I want to be faithful to all that He wants to do through me. I think that He wants me to be faithful to Him in these times, because I think that many years from now, that He has more for me, but He wants me to be faithful in this at this time, and I am so excited to be sharing God’s Word.

Also, the Lord is opening a door and I think that He is leading me to go through it, to get an MBA through an extended distance program for Health Care executives. I wouldn’t have chosen this, but I think that God has called me to do it, and in that case, it sounds very fun because He has some higher purpose for it.

At this time in my life, I think that the Lord wants me to be faithful to day by day living by grace in Him, but I think that one day He has more for me. It is hard because I have a burden in my heart of a greater work, some unspecified greater work, but it is not for now.

One time I was writing a poem to the Lord and I wrote, that I think was from the Lord, “You will burn for me but will you wait for Me?”

Some personalities are ready, willing and able to burn for the Lord, but waiting is harder. God has filled my life with times of waiting. It is His way of shaping difficult personalities and stubborn, impulsive people.

All glory to God. By the way, lately I have also been studying Ephesians, and about God’s grace and have been reminded of my early teachings of God’s grace through CCI. Lately I have learned/been reminded of God’s grace being power to do God’s work that He has prepared beforehand that we might do it.

You probably don’t remember, but I remember, how when I was little in the Lord and I asked you for a verse and gave you a description of what I was looking for and you told me about this verse:

“By the grace of God I am what I am, but His grace to me was not without effect, no I worked harder than all of the other apostles, yet not I but the grace of God that is in me.”

God continues to bless my work in the psychiatric hospital with great provision for anything that I would ever need. He is with me in that and it is not a strain or an effort.

With much love and gratitude,

Andrea

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:50 AM

6 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

I am overwhelmed with you Andrea. You amazes me dear! Enjoy the women's retreat. Let us know how you go!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Enjoy your weekend, Andrea! And yes please, let us know how it went :-)

God's Grace.

3:06 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

How was the retreat, Andrea?

10:34 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

thanks for sharing Andrea, sorry I went on and on in the last post, I was overwhelmed with the situation, but God is faithful and He is working it out

4:36 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I hope you got in a lot of R&R at the retreat. Your early morning devotion time is an inspiration.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I am cking to see if you have posted. I posted about my husband Chuck today since you mentioned you didn't know I was married. I didn't realize I didn't have anything about being married on the site, Eddie redid it my template as a surprise and it wasn't mentioned, so I guess I need to correct that.

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home