Tuesday, October 24, 2006

50th Birthday prep


I am preparing for a big party for my husband's 50th birthday. The party is December 30th. It will be an all day event (noon till 11 PM).

I spent a lot of the weekend sorting through pictures and picking music for the slide show. It was a bit of an overwhelming experience for me. I didn't realize or remember that he has been such an involved and good father. I didn't remember how much he loved those dogs we had in the early years. Also, what a reminder that we really did have one baby after the other and how adorable they are. And how much fun we have had.

A lot of times you just remember the bad things that loom bigger and bigger in the mind and over shadow what really was.

I decided to "respect my husband" as the Bible said through this party. The rewards are starting to come back already by providing me with a more accurate and appreciative perspective of things. Don't you find doing the right thing builds on itself into a good, sober and right life?

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 9:16 AM

8 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Lately I've been thinking about being selfish with praise toward my husband. I don't like that I don't give it as freely as I should. I don't do it on purpose, it's just a way of communicating that doesn't come easy to me. Your post help comfirm that to me. With respect comes words full of generous praise and affirmation. Thank you for writting such a beautiful post ~ it's one I will take to heart.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

I used to have a pastor who said "feelings follow actions"...and I have found this to be true...if I actually "do"....if I act as if I feel a certain way...I find my self...actually really feeling that way...Your decision to honor your husband will reap you rewards of your won in ways you may not yet see.
I can relate to going back through all the pics...its like travelling through time isn't it? It is a reminder to me that life really has been good...
Happy birthday to your hubby...but shhh, dont' tell him til the party...:)

12:42 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

I'm feeling so thrilled and excited with you =)

5:15 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

Doing positive things does help us have a 'right' life. Just like we are supposed to forgive and pray for our enemies. I think God does that because prayer and forgiveness melt the ice around our hearts. Just like praise keeps us passionate in our walk

12:22 PM  
Blogger Ileana said...

I liked that last sentence on this post. You have to do the right thing FIRST and then you'll see a positive change. It reminds me of the saying, "I'm not saved because I'm good. I'm good because I'm saved" (or something like that).

Have a great weekend! It's good to pop into your site again!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Godwyn Lim said...

I agree with Maria! Love the last line!

How Bless is your husband to have you!

That's how great God's love changes people!

Have a good weekend!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Karuna said...

This is the most beautiful post yet... and has the most valuable lesson of all...love.

Thank you dear sis, I rejoice with you too.

7:34 PM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Thank you, friends.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home