Sunday, October 29, 2006

Repentence for everyday life


I'm going through a bit of a trial. Yesterday I was having lunch in my car and seeking the Lord with regards to the trial. I was listening to a Kay Arthur tape and reading Oswald Chambers "Utmost" book.

In a short while I found myself having a change of mind about two things in particular. First, my huband is never going to be able to live up my expectations and isn't capable of it. It was wrong for me to have unrealistic expectations. My lofty desires of him were based in my continuing to want him to be my King and satisfy me completely. He isn't my King. He isn't going to satisfy me completely. I needed to repent and change my mind about this.

Second, it was wrong to worry because worry is unbelief and for me, inthis point of time in my walk with God, for me to worry is sin. It is sin because I KNOW God is for me, cares about this trial and I know He is working behind the scenes for my good, so my worry is an active act of disobedience on my part.

Life is hard. God goes with us. So it is okay. Everything will be okay. His grace is enough for me. Completely sufficient and fully satisfying for every need, even when it may not look that way. Just look in the right place, dear ones.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 5:58 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home