Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The two main sets of things I've learned the past week


1) The low-down is this refined swallowing: My husband is not my God (I'm re-learning). Worry is unbelief and is sin. Money is not my God either. I needed to repent about these things. Difficult circumstances and God's grace brought these nuggets to the surface.

2) I'm gonna go-for-it. Leave it for God and quit trying to control my life. Quit trying to keep the remote. Quit playing the song in my mind: "Should I go or should I stay now." Quit worrying how it looks. Be a warrior. I've let go today. I'm free. I'm free-falling. God is watching, protecting my interests. God is my life.

Verse for the day from Phil: "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed but have sufficient courage that Christ may be exalted in my body whether by life or by death. For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jump in! The water is fine! (Living Water that is....)

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 9:17 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Beautiful post. We all walk this journey one step at a time, taking baby steps. Your heart and mind are in the right place, and you teach me so much with your wisdom and courage to write what you feel.
I love your candor, God bless you.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Karuna said...

Amen to that sister. I was reminded of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in my reading today.
"16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."
Daniel 3:16-18.

Keep on dear, God is able to handle ALL our situations.

8:20 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Thank you for your encouragement.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home