Friday, December 08, 2006

At what cost obedience?


Schizophrenia.
When things don't make sense.
When reality is too much to bear.

Lord, I fail you.
See my weak faith?
See my anger with You?
See my fears?
I am faint.
I am broken.

I trust You.
It is because Your way is the only hope.

How I am asking!
How I am pleading!
How I am begging!
That things would be different!

"If I give my body to be burned,
but have not love,
I am like a clanging cymbal
(II Corinthians)."

Encourage me this day.
I walk another day with my war boot sludging through sludge.
I will be like a quiet sheep before the sheerers.
I will hope that today will be my deliverence-
The day of the Lord's deliverence.
I will say, "yes" and "amen" but You see my heart.
You know my fears.
Please raise my dead body that is clinging to the dying body of Christ on His cross.
Don't leave me here.
Don't leave me here!
Your resurrection is sure!

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 5:31 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Hold fast, help is on the way
Hold fast He's come to save the day
What I've learned in life
One thing greater than my strife
Is His grasp

So Hold Fast!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

He hears the groanings of your heart...and he aches with your pain.
You have posted a sort of "unspoken prayer request" as they use to call it in church back in the old days when they actually took prayer requests. It's true, our requests don't need to be verbalized, God knows them before they are spoken. Praying for you.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Karuna said...

Psalm 68:19
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Selah

Dear Sister,
Our Living and Loving God, daily bears our burdens, He knows it before you do. Rest(Selah) in His Love.

God Bless

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home