Saturday, December 02, 2006

I asked for decafe!


I was at Starbucks and I asked for decaffinate coffee. I got caffeinated. What a drag.

Tonight I went to work at the psychiatric hospital for about an hour. While there, there was a "Code Blue" in the lobby, meaning someone wasn't breathing type thing. First there was the overhead annoucement. Then there was the nurse who exclaimed, "Oh God!" I told the staff that I would watch the nurse's station. They can go attend to the matter. About four minutes later a nurse comes walking down the hall in an unexpected matter. Like sluggish. She said, "It was training. There was no Code Blue." The Director of Nursing had been in the hospital this Saturday night and pulled the test. The staff "failed" because they remembered the oxygen, the blood pressure cuff and other stuff, but forgot to bring the machine that zaps the stopped heart with electricity. Oh well, maybe next time. For sure there will be another test, especially since they failed.

Oh, that makes me think of this spiritual application. What a unique and novel thing for me to think of in this blog of mine!

God is giving us tests after tests after tests. Are we forgetting to bring the equipment to start the heart that stopped beating? Are we remembering to "Stand. Stand therefore with the full armor of God?" Am I remembering to "Count it as PURE JOY when you encounter various trials, knowing that the TESTING of your faith produces endurance....and let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect (complete) not lacking in anything." Approximate quote but pretty close.

I think I need to take some more Benadryl or I will never get to sleep!

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 10:39 PM

5 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

i HATE failing tests,especially from God because he give the instructions. also when he gives you the answer--it's always humbling and reminds me to trust...
de-caf? i can't say much about it-i've never really gave it a chance-in my mind-why?

blog hopping from living on grace.

3:20 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Whoa...some test should never be failed...like life and death tests!
Good analogy about failing test set before us when God gives us the answeres..no excuse for those, yet because we are not perfected, we will fail. Thank God for his mercy and grace!
Hope the Benadryl helped you sleep!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Amazing isn't it that we should not only be grumble-free during trials but actually REJOICE in them. What a calling. Thank you for the reminder.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Karuna said...

I like tests when I know I am ready for it, but when it is a surprise test, I dont like that at all, coz u never know what topic, when, how long, whats the pass mark and generally the unknown. I think we've got to be prepared all the time, ever ready.No one knows the hour Jesus will come to take His own, we've got to be ready, Abraham didn't know God would ask him to sacrifice his son, but his faith kept him ready, no matter what test he had to face. Now that I think of it, almost everyone in the Word of God have had surprise tests....Joseph, Jacob, Abraham, Jesus...everyone.

Such a beautiful post.

8:44 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

I love you guys. Thanks for hanging in there. I've been kind of boring lately...

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home