Thursday, December 14, 2006

This I (think) I know


God did not save my husband at a late age to then not use him.
God did not allow certain difficulties in my husband's life, dismantling his architecture to then not rebuild in His own image.
God is preparing my husband for a special work at the right time.
God is going to bring everything together for good that we can all see in this time and place, in the near future.
God has a plan for me, and He is using me, but He is also moving me out of my husband's way so my husband can be a leader through which God is going to do a unique work.

That being said,
I pray and thank God for my husband's upcoming birthday party that everything would go smoothly with all things said and done in this time and place, and in heaven. That God would be present and bring a gift to my husband that is greater than I could even have anticipated, and also would be all that I anticipated. That my husband would know that his life has had purpose and has purpose in a profound way. That this party would also demonstrate that the framework of our marriage is Christ's likeness and strength and direction and presence. That God would in a public and pronounced way demonstrate that He has created us to be husband and wife in the likeness of Genesis 1 and 2, and He would springboard what He wants to do through us and our marriage into the next phase of life. That God has created a great person in me and a great person in Brad and a great marriage, not of ourselves but of God. He has been faithful to all my prayers for all these years and to the desires of my heart that have been in place and has forgiven and absorbed those places in my heart and actions (and in my husband's heart and actions)that have not been right.

May God take each of us, and each family member on to these specific areas, if it is His will, all in the power of Christ Himself:

That I would proceed as a godly wife and mother and role model, helper and example.
That I would proceed in the MBA and hospital work.
That I would proceed in the Bible Study.
That I would proceed as a praying friend.
That eventually God would bring me into the arena of an author and even a speaker if He wants.

For my husband:
That he would be the leader of all of our financial affairs/corporation/businesses and be wise and successful.
That he would not have either weariness and dread, discouragement versus arrogance and pride, but that God would give him a place to put his foot on good ground.
That God would take him into the body of Christ of believers and he would be loved, received and perfect fully placed.
That he would continue to be the great father and husband that he is, growing increasing more so.
That God would bring into a professional ministry that would be profound and great and his testimony would be awesome. The evidence of God would be great and manifest. That my husband would understand this as he accepts God's will for his life.

That my oldest daughter would get into the specific medical school and college program that is right for her, even the one that I am praying for, and she is desiring as well and would meet those career goals that she has.
That she would grow and be established in her faith and be a beautiful spokeswoman for God.

That my oldest son would thrive at his present school and be a bold man of God. That God would take him into a perfect academic setting for him after high school and bring him into godly ministry. That he would be a powerful speaker and relater to people and shepherd.

That my oldest daughter would transition well into her high school years and that setting and be greatly blessed in her basketball that she loves. That she would get into the same program that her older sister is in and be a pediatrician. That she would know and understand the power of God. That she would be able to be a homemaker and mother and develop those domestic gifts that she has, and would develop patience. That God would be great in her as well.

That my youngest son would become a strong and mighty man of God. That he would not be bullied because he is sensitive, but God would protect him and his personality from harsh treatment. That he would make it through all of his teenage years with the godliness that he has desired for himself. That he would continue to cover his eyes when he sees inappropriate magazines, as he does now and would be strong in heart to be a godly man. That the Lord would make him into a strong man that is lifted up and honored for the Lord's sake.

These are prayers that I think that the Lord may be in, but I doubt that He is in each one, but hopefully some are on target. The faithful and on-target prayer of a righteous man availeth much! I went out on a limb on some, but I couldn't help myself!

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:35 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

Your youngest son reminds me of our youngest daughter. She is so very opened hearted and never wants to place her eyes where they do not belong. She is older then your son and I can not say her life has been easy, loving God more then anything as a teenager is not easy. I can say this I am so excited to see where her steps will take her! God bless you and your family all we can do is pray and know that if we are in Him then we are where we are suppose to be for His benefit, everything working together for the benefit of the Kingdom.

Be loved because you are

10:02 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

wow that was some prayer!!!

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home