Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Difference a Day Makes


Yesterday morning I had no gifts for my children and nearly nothing for my husband. I also felt puzzled how to proceed because of mental confusion due to spiritual warfare and because of concern of method of payment.

Twenty-six years ago as of 12/21/06 my husband and I began dating. All of the years since there has been bondage and battles (both seen and unseen) regarding money. Well, actually this battle and bondage rages in each of our minds and hearts separately since we were each small children.

God is clearing out clutter and cobwebs and through this cleansing and freeing process there is confusion and pain. But this battle is the Lord's and it is for His glory and my best-our best interests.

Right now I sit in my car with a large car filled with bags of all sorts of goodies - well beyond what I imagined yesterday. In fact yesterday I thought our family was going to perhaps be experiencing a new sort of Christmas message for our family - a lesson forced from difficult circumstances. Instead, we have a typical Christmas with the usual overflowing pluthera of gifts. Except there is thanksgiving that is more abundant, and some humility.

My husband and I are growing and through all these troubles over these months, which continue as I "speak," and we haven't had one fight, only increasing measure of love. This love is so necessary because each of us feels vulnerable and exposed, because each of us is learning how not to trust inourselves or in false gods and idols but in God who raises the dead (II Corinth). Merry Christmas!

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 5:14 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Corry said...

And all the best wishes for you and yours!!! May God continue to bless y'all.
You are in my prayers and thoughts.

God's Grace.

4:01 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

You are growing in Christ by leaps and bounds..what a gift He has given you!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home