Sunday, December 17, 2006

We're sinners in this family


You know, I am thankful that our family - my husband and four children, we pretty much know that we are sinners. I think that I did not try to get the kids to just look good, but I wanted them to be themselves, and to love God. I didn't want them to be phony. And I think that we are imperfect people who know that we are sinners. I think that that is the place that God can start to work, in the humble heart, the one poor in spirit. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.


"Come unto me all you who labor and are weary and I will give you rest."

He is our rest.

He is our peace.

He is enough for me.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:39 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Blessed are the poor in spirit....may we ever be mindful of our great need for our Savior! You pray wonderful prayers! and it sounds as if you have a wonderful family.
Yes, i think I do think in song..:)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

God is indeed more then enough.
Being sinners is one thing everyone on this earth has in common isn't it?
What seperates us is the love of God who will forgive when we ask.
I ask often.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Karuna said...

Hi Andrea, your post encouraged me to realise something special.
We as a family, whether in the physical life or in the Spirit are made for each other for a purpose. And probably thats why, in spite of sharing the same surname, we are similar and unique in ways that, together makes us the most powerful team.

Moreover when we know, as you said, that Jesus is enough for us, then nothing stops us from becoming who we are meant to be.

Me and my husband compliment each other in more ways than one. I can sing and make music on whatever instrument I try, my hubby is devoid of reciprocating any music, but then he is so intelligent in understanding technology, so much better than I am...we both aren't totally perfect and your post encouraged my thoughts in realising we all as a family are a wonderful team, God put together.
Thank you Andrea.
And have a very Happy and Blessed Christmas.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

hmmmm, sounds like your family is just like mine!

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home