Monday, December 25, 2006

When the lion roars


Yesterday while I was wrapping Christmas gifts and watching Precept Ministries’ Kay Arthur she was teaching on Ephesians and talked about how when a lion roars we startle, but Satan, who is personified as a lion, when he roars and we jump, then he obtained his desired result. When he didn't roar, and we didn't startle, it wasn't as if he wasn't really there. He was there all of the time, but we didn't know it or wasn't attuned to it.

The past twenty four hours or so, since I wrote my last blog, had been going really well, and then I opened an envelope and heard the lion roar, and I startled, and Satan (not himself personally, but his forces) had received their desired effect.

Currently I am trying to clear my mind. Actually I am in a similar sort of state that I was in the day before yesterday, as to how exactly I should proceed. I think I know how I am going to proceed. Kind of like how Abigail proceeded, the wise, beautiful and intelligent woman that she was.

Father, My Shepherd! I listen for Your voice and I humble myself before You. I am learning how not to take care of myself, but how not to be a lump of dead rock that is passive either, but how to be an effective person doing my utmost for Your highest. Move each of my limbs personally as I learn to walk in the yielding and the power of the Holy Spirit. Currently, FREE MY MIND! Also, continue to have Your Holy Spirit to be strong in our family. For who do we have but You? Be with us in love and Your personal presence in each one of these lives. For Jesus' sake! For His glory alone, but I will share in it, Amen.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 3:19 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

Merry Christmas !

5:42 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I'm praying for you and clarity of mind. God Bless. Happy New Year.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home