Sunday, January 07, 2007

INTENSE? Why yes, thank you


Me, INTENSE????? Why yes, I am. I PRAISE GOD too! This morning I loved in church when we sang (as I love in church when we sing this and I give my whole self to God as I exclaim out) "Reign in me, over all my dreams, You are the Lord of all I am, so won't You reign in me again?" “Reign in Your power, in my darkest hour…”

I also LOVE the song, "Enough" (not sure if that is the name of the song) that sings about how God is enough for all that I am and that He meets all the needs and cravings that I have and that He alone is enough for all that is in me.

Do I sit back and praise God? Well, I think so....but what does that have to do with being intense? I sit up and praise God more than sit back and praise Him, but does it matter if I sit up or sit back?

“By the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect, no I labored more than all the other apostles, yet not I but the grace of God in me.” (Paul)

Paul was intense. I don’t get extra bonus points for being intense, because my sufficiency is found in Christ alone and I can do nothing of myself of any good, so being intense or not being intense is not really relevant, only a new creature.

Yes, I am intense. God made me special for Himself. I have three children with ADHD and we are an intense family. We are a special family. UNIQUE. It is fantastic to be intense because it is fun. Just imagine all of the heightened emotions I get to experience, all without anxiety (is the goal, because we are NOT to be anxious for anything).

Okay, back to the subject at hand.....

(I'm hurrying to get to do my exercise DVD before I get to bed by about 8:30 (not going to make that time guideline, but will shoot for slightly later) so I can get up at 5:00 AM and read my Bible and praise God while I pray before getting the kids off to school at 7 AM.) I love to sleep and usually crash exhausted and that is wonderful to feel like I have made a lot of every opportunity (not just by being active but meeting every opportunity is a spiritual quest and spiritual quests require energy and focus and is draining).

Oh, the inspiration for the INTENSE focus and theme on this here blog is from my wonderful and fantastic comments that I was blessed to read from y'all. I have the best blog buddies.

Okay, subject at hand. Well, I have two subjects that I want to address actually.

First, I got accepted into the MBA program for health care and so now I have something FUN for me to do while I become a hot-shot doctor. Not that I want to necessarily be a hot-shot doctor. I would rather go a on a cruise around the world for 4 months and write a book, or go to church and be a "professional minister" type person, but God has not called me to do that. If God has called you to do either of those things, then I am a little envious of you. God, appears to have called me to be this doctor who does her job well, so I have been focused on doing my job well. And it has been FUN and blessed.

Speaking of just relaxing and sitting back and praising the LORD, ("Oh, were we just talking about that? I don't recall....”) sometimes I look at little children while they sit there quietly looking into space, such at a doctor's appointment or in a restaurant and it fascinates me how they can sit there and be so still and motionless. My children were the type of kids who could not be still at all...some vivid examples are flooding my memories and filling my mind with accompanying associated emotions, but I won’t follow that tangent right now. But it feeds back to the THEME of being INTENSE. It kind of runs in the genes, praise God. He made me just right for Himself. Just like He made my son just right for Himself, the most hyperactive (and sweet) kid you would ever meet in your life. He is so hyperactive that he kicks the top mattress off his bed and winds upside down, has full length sentences and conversations in his sleep and keeps sleeping. He is hyper even in his sleep. Our children are so hyperactive, that two of them are going to boarding school, because three teenagers in this house (will become four) is impossible because WE ARE ALL SO INTENSE. But my kids are probably going to be famous - heck they are in their schools already! They are brilliant.

Me, Defensive? YES. It took me a lot of years to understand and accept myself, especially since I was adopted and no one understood me and thought I was ... well, had problems. Which I did. Oh well. Praise God. He works everything in my life together for good!!

Back to the subject as hand ("what subject at hand?") (BTW, this blog is so fun, so do not be offended or worried that I am offended that I went off on this theme of INTENSITY, thanks.)

The second thing I wanted to comment, or elaborate on (in addition to the MBA news) is the way I think that the LORD encouraged me through His word yesterday! It was GREAT!!! It makes trials WORTH IT BECAUSE I can listen for and hear His voice more and the seed goes down deeper and more of a righteous crop will spring forth for the glory and praise of Jesus who receives and is worthy of all glory!

I have had a really hard couple of months (20 years!). Many days lately I have asked God to deeply encourage me because I needed Him to encourage me. Yesterday and the day before was similar and asked God to really encourage me. I was sitting there in my car feeling really broken and also sold out to the Lord and asked God to please show me encouragement in His word.

I opened to Zechariah chapter 8 and it talked about how God was going to save His people. It talked about the fact that He just needed them to work with strong hands and to realize that He was going to bring them into a time that was different than before, different from the times of fasting. He decided that He is going to bring them into a time of cheerful and joyful blessing, so much so that the heathen to which they had been a curse, that they would be a blessing to them instead, and many people from various nations would follow them because they could see the joy that the Lord was bringing to them.

You may think I am crazy, but I think that the Lord gave me that passage. He wants me to be encouraged and to work with strong hands and to look up, that things were going to get better. A whole lot better. A time when the plant grows up and when the rains give their dew, etc. That is exactly what I needed to hear, because I wanted to work with strong hands, I wanted to look up, I wanted to move forward.

Oh, one more thing that I want to share with you about news. (This is specific item news number three for anyone keeping track (not counting the digressions and extraneous comments about INTENSITY.) My husband may have this new international opportunity that he is really excited about and he planning on applying for. Previously, the Lord has allowed him to become discouraged to humble him, I think. Anyway, I pray that the Lord would sustain his encouragement in the application of this new opportunity and that it would bear much fruit!

Normally I wouldn't want my husband to go on this international opportunity with a secular organization because I would be worried about his falling into sin, or forgetting about me, or whatever. However, in recently weeks I have come to realize that I need to give up my husband to "the people" of the Lord's leading because it is clear to me, it seems to me, that he is gifted to be amongst people as a coach and guide because he is gifted that way and I need to release him to what God wants to do in his life, to fulfill his potential, in his "old age." Also, my husband is walking with the Lord now, and these days are not like days of before. There is a new thing coming.

Oh! A fourth thing! Just the other day I was thinking about how our family doesn’t really have many upcoming trips planned and was a little let-down about that, and then this international potential opportunity has arisen for my husband, and I am going to take two of my kids to a Precepts Ministries Teen conference in Tennessee and I am applying to be a chaperone. Suddenly we are busy and moving around again.

Thanks y'all! I love you! And keep the comments coming! I love them (for a much more BORING time, check out my other blog!

And I hope God brings the bright skies, like, tomorrow (as far as circumstances that constrain me)!

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:35 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Hazel Donovan said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
cash for cars logan
cash for cars morayfield

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for cars sydney
cash for cars toowoomba

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home